SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Spiney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 320
SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Made up my mind I'll be buying a tuner from American Muscle. It's down to the base SCT handheld unit or the iTsx unit for iPad / iPhone. This question is for those with experience with the iTsx, is it worth the extra $100 for the performance tests, and gauge readouts? Thanks, Dave
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 12
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

it's really an awesome device, but you might run into issues that require the device to be sent back to SCT.
__________________
Follow Me @FahadHizam
fahad_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Awesome device. I was seriously considering it, but I was a little worried about the Bluetooth maybe crapping out right in the middle of flashing your ECU.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 12
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Awesome device. I was seriously considering it, but I was a little worried about the Bluetooth maybe crapping out right in the middle of flashing your ECU.
happened once, all it took 20 minute for SCT tech to send a recovery file.

We had to send two devices to SCT, and they never failed again.
__________________
Follow Me @FahadHizam
fahad_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad_h View Post
happened once, all it took 20 minute for SCT tech to send a recovery file.

We had to send two devices to SCT, and they never failed again.
Cool! Can you do any data logging with that device, direct to iPad?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 12
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Cool! Can you do any data logging with that device, direct to iPad?
I heard about the ability to log using iPad, but never tried it. I use an X3 with PC to log.
__________________
Follow Me @FahadHizam
fahad_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad_h View Post
I heard about the ability to log using iPad, but never tried it. I use an X3 with PC to log.
Yup, me too, w/current data logging. It would be cool to do it straight to the iPad, as they advertise (I think). It is a cool device for sure.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
You guys should check out the new Diablosport intune tuner, it holds unlimited custom tunes , Mac compatible , full color touch screen,live data logging, the unit can tune multiple cars, and fits in your pocket , it's a bit smaller than an I phone!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
You guys should check out the new Diablosport intune tuner, it holds unlimited custom tunes , Mac compatible , full color touch screen,live data logging, the unit can tune multiple cars, and fits in your pocket , it's a bit smaller than an I phone!!
Damn, really? I'll have to check that out too. I'm not really biased toward any one brand. Just as long as there are some peeps out the that use the devices.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Damn, really? I'll have to check that out too. I'm not really biased toward any one brand. Just as long as there are some peeps out the that use the devices.
I'm not biased either, but this tuner seems like the real deal , it is fairly new so I'm not sure on how much feed back is out there, from what I've heard it's the ultimate hand held for NA cars!!! Just throwing out a different option!! Almost everyone I know uses sct but me and a few friends use Diablosport and never had a issue with them!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post

I'm not biased either, but this tuner seems like the real deal , it is fairly new so I'm not sure on how much feed back is out there, from what I've heard it's the ultimate hand held for NA cars!!! Just throwing out a different option!! Almost everyone I know uses sct but me and a few friends use Diablosport and never had a issue with them!!
Thanks bro!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
I had a bad experience with Diablo sport, I tried putting a tune in my car at a friends house and it deleted everything even the stock tune. So I was stranded there after that I ordered the SCT and have had a great experience with it.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin
I had a bad experience with Diablo sport, I tried putting a tune in my car at a friends house and it deleted everything even the stock tune. So I was stranded there after that I ordered the SCT and have had a great experience with it.
With the old handhelds that's what they did they were only to be used on your car only , the only thing you could do with the old ones was clear trouble codes on other vehicle's
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

With the old handhelds that's what they did they were only to be used on your car only , the only thing you could do with the old ones was clear trouble codes on other vehicle's
It was for my car, I was at my friends house when I tried putting a tune in. It wasn't his handheld it was mine programmed for my stang.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin

It was for my car, I was at my friends house when I tried putting a tune in. It wasn't his handheld it was mine programmed for my stang.
My bad!!! I heard them messing up when trying to tune different cars, but didn't sct just have the same problem recently with wiping out pcm's ?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #16
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post

My bad!!! I heard them messing up when trying to tune different cars, but didn't sct just have the same problem recently with wiping out pcm's ?
Yup, on the 2011+ stangs. I think the updates have got it under control, for the most part.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Yup, on the 2011+ stangs. I think the updates have got it under control, for the most part.
I'm glad to hear that they got the issue fixed , I guess these tuners are like any electronic they can all have problems from time to time
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Hi folks! What up AZ! Has anyone ever fried a PCM before? How many time can you flash before it happens? I shut everything down before I flash.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #19
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: SCT Tuners. Opinion on the iTsx version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
Made up my mind I'll be buying a tuner from American Muscle. It's down to the base SCT handheld unit or the iTsx unit for iPad / iPhone. This question is for those with experience with the iTsx, is it worth the extra $100 for the performance tests, and gauge readouts? Thanks, Dave
Spiney,

Both the SF3 and the iTSX are great devices. To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong. I'm confident you'll be very happy with whatever device you go with. They're both going to do tune your car, clear CEL's, Data log, Hold custom tunes etc...

However like you listed the iTSX has the option to view gauges and do some performance testing through your Apple/Android. IMO this is a very cool option however all the bells and whistles aren't for everyone. If you plan on just tuning your vehicle and putting the tuner in your glove box until the next time you tune in it, then the SF3 may be the best for you!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetLife 01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 598
Just got my iTSX literally 20 min ago from ups. I'm going to try it out and check it out over the next week or so. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I'm excited lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2168361664.png
Views:	102
Size:	861.6 KB
ID:	69187
__________________
2001 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
I got the SF3 because I needed it with my gears and couldn't afford at the time to get the iPhone one and now I wish I would have saved up for it :/
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:36 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.