What is the best muffler/cat back to run? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
What is the best muffler/cat back to run?

I currently and running the stock manifolds, an offroad MAC prochamber and flowmaster original. 40's but I've gotten prett tired of the flowmasters, I want to switch them out but I dot know wht to get. Any ideas or suggestions, I want something loud that sounds real good and will catch people's attention.
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
I have a Magnaflow Tru-X off road x pipe into a Magnaflow Magnapack cat back and it sounds as good as it gets for a GT. Everybody I talk to tells me that they've never heard a better stang than mine and I've personally heard it with someone else driving and my mouth was on the ground it so good. Heres a video of my car if you wanna hear it:



---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

If that link doesn't work to to YouTube and search "cjohns024" and you should see it on there. 👍
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04
I have a Magnaflow Tru-X off road x pipe into a Magnaflow Magnapack cat back and it sounds as good as it gets for a GT. Everybody I talk to tells me that they've never heard a better stang than mine and I've personally heard it with someone else driving and my mouth was on the ground it so good. Heres a video of my car if you wanna hear it:

BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
I wouldn't do it man just cause glass backs are kinda going out of style. Yes they sound good but not as good as resonators like Magnaflow, SLP, or Borla. Personally I would choose SLP because it's a nice loud deep throaty exhaust that will definitely turn heads but also staying within a budget unlike Borla lol. I bought my car with the exhaust already installed and ran the guy about $1,200 after install. I've also heard that glass packs can decrease horsepower. It's all up to you and what you prefer though man. It'll sound good no matter what, I mean it's a mustang!
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04
I wouldn't do it man just cause glass backs are kinda going out of style. Yes they sound good but not as good as resonators like Magnaflow, SLP, or Borla. Personally I would choose SLP because it's a nice loud deep throaty exhaust that will definitely turn heads but also staying within a budget unlike Borla lol. I bought my car with the exhaust already installed and ran the guy about $1,200 after install. I've also heard that glass packs can decrease horsepower. It's all up to you and what you prefer though man. It'll sound good no matter what, I mean it's a mustang!
Yeah I've heard that glass packs do not sound good on a stang and I wasn't really considering them lol but yeah I was thinking about SLP
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Yeah I got a buddy that has it on his 05 GT and it sounds mean and is loud. If I had a bone stock GT that would've been my number one choice. Can't go wrong with SLP man. Just make sure you get Loudmouth 1 and not 2 because 2 is barely any louder than stock and why pay that much for something not that loud. Definitely get Loudmouth 1 dude.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
There's no other sound than a bassani x pipe and borla catback, its Wat I'm running and sounds like sex in the high rpms and low as well.
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
There's no other sound than a bassani x pipe and borla catback, its Wat I'm running and sounds like sex in the high rpms and low as well.
Yeah too bad Borla is so expensive lol 😭
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

Yeah too bad Borla is so expensive lol dde2d
Yea I knw, save up or sell you're exhaust and save up money and get it you won't regret it. But if I didn't get borla the slp loudmouths would be my second choice
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Yeah man I bet yours sounds like a God lol. I think mine is really raspy and definitely got a deep throaty loud tone to it. I definitely wouldn't change mine for anything, I love it. But SLP's are a good choice when it comes to the money situation while also keeping that amazing sound that comes along with the Loudmouths.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Definitely get slp lm1 exhaust I have the cat back and it is so sick!!!! I'm going to be getting a bbk offroad x soon and cant wait to do that. Does an x pipe really make it any louder or will it be the same loudness?
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04
Yeah man I bet yours sounds like a God lol. I think mine is really raspy and definitely got a deep throaty loud tone to it. I definitely wouldn't change mine for anything, I love it. But SLP's are a good choice when it comes to the money situation while also keeping that amazing sound that comes along with the Loudmouths.
It definately turns heads thts for sure. Search on YouTube and hear which ones you like

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNWLD
Definitely get slp lm1 exhaust I have the cat back and it is so sick!!!! I'm going to be getting a bbk offroad x soon and cant wait to do that. Does an x pipe really make it any louder or will it be the same loudness?
Yes it does, it will be noticeably louder
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
The x pipe will make it wayyyy louder. It will actually make your exhaust sound 10 times better. I've heard a GT with the same cat back as me just stock mid pipe and my is significantly louder and sounds way better than his. You won't be a disappointed with an x pipe.



Listen to when I shift. That's what you get out of the raspy x pipe, I'm in love with it!
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
RUNNWLD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 809
Do all the x pipes sound the same like would the bbk one be good with the slp lm1?
RUNNWLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
I wouldn't say they all sound the same kinda like different cat backs sound different that others. Also, you can't go wrong with BBK. They will sound good no matter what, definitely a good brand and they know how to make it sound good. So to answer your question, BBK will sound amazing with your LM1's!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Listen to mine on that YouTube link I sent you with Magnafflow off road Tru-X and Magnaflow Magnapack cat back system. You'll be in love with the raspy when you shift like you can hear in the video.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
There's no other sound than a bassani x pipe and borla catback, its Wat I'm running and sounds like sex in the high rpms and low as well.
+1 I have the same set up nothing sounds like it an amazing sound.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:20 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.