Fastlane Mortorsports - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Fastlane Mortorsports

Got my rear end diff and the lot done by Fastlane (FL). They did some really great work. I spent the entire day there with the team. They are a team, no boubts about it! Extrememly courteous too. I can't help but recall my two opportunities to speak with Melvin Skinner, the anchor of the entire team. I was also able to get a side shot at Caleb, his son, the tuning genius of the FL team, but as usual, these folks are on the clock. GT 500s, Roush stock, and more were waiting for their attention. They had no time for a do-it your-selfer-like me talking a simple PI upgrade. That's ok though since it’s my fault for expressing too much of what I can do. Note to self, act dumb next time to get more info. I figured it out and did a setup by laying my heads out for them to see. LOL. If something was wrong they would tell me. So, my PI heads got viewed about 20 times throughout the day. LOL. Melvin is a seemingly soft spoken gentleman with tremendous knowledge in everything Ford Mustang and undoubtedly more. Caleb is a tuner genius, no doubts about it! I watched from a distance as he mastered the tremendous HP of Roush stock mustangs, and beyond, to include fully drag ready racers fully equipped with slicks and the lot. The real kicker that day was watching the tuning of a 97 GT with a 5.4 LTR (stealth) on the tuner (tight engine fit to say the least) in the trusty hands of Caleb. IMPRESSIVE!! I felt like a nag asking cheap questions about a simple PI upgrade. LOL. Hang around long enough and you might get to meet the woman behind the entire FL Team, Mrs. Skinner. I spoke to her at length and did my best to answer every question, from military to whatever. I was left with an impression of a woman with a graceful personality and sense of concern for all, yet very intelligent, and understanding, not to mention, business wise. She made my day at FL. I look forward to revisiting FL with my own tuning challenge and hopefully, Caleb can coax 300 RWHP out of my Mustang. Of course, getting a chat in edgewise with Mrs. Skinner is planned if she is not too busy running the FL team business. If you are ever in North Carolina be sure to visit the Fast Lane Team. They are a great team that will never letIf you are ever in North Carolina be sure to visit the Fast Lane Team. They are a great team who never leads customers wrong when it comes to the Ford Mustang.
Enough about the leadership of FL. No one that enters the facility can forget Taylor. Nothing gets into the work area without Taylor, absolutely nothing! So when I grump and grind about FL, it’s Taylor that I am grumpy about. He has designed my fuel upgrade singlehandedly with just a sketch. Over the weeks I have been working at completing the plan. Taylor, is very, very, knowledgeable of all Mustangs, from Mustang birth to current to say the least. Tapping his knowledge base is tough though. Tough not because he is conservative, but because when he arrives at 8:30AM, its business none stop till he leaves. Hectic to say the least, yet he finds time and patience to deal with a DIY like me. Awesome tech! I sure hope he’s figured out the final puzzle to my fuel system custom upgrade.

Tomorrow, getting Moser axels installed, fuel regulator relocated due to my bad planning, new engine tuned by Caleb. I am excited because, FL has been patient with my DIY skills, even a good work from Taylor. Now, just fine tuning everything. Like I said in other posts, Pre-99 stangs tend to take bolt ons and run with them. Here's hoping I can get 260 at the wheels, while getting decent gas mileage of course . It all up to Fastlane tomorrow.
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT