Thoughts and opinions wanted - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Thoughts and opinions wanted

So I currently have a 99 GT, it's currently stock for the most part, all I've done is appearance mods and deleted the mufflers for now to have that loud mustang sound.. But here's my question.. Is it worth it to spend a whole ton of money and make this car a money pit and go all out on it?I'll have the funds to buy new things for it but to really make it fast id have to dish out a few thousand dollars.. Because ive been wanting something newer and the only 2 cars i have in mind are a 2010 and up mustang V6 or a 2011 dodge charger.. They might be v6s but considering there 2011s it's a huge step for what I have now.. Just let me know what you guys think
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
its all what u like bro. i would put the money into the gt because a new edge gt is my all time favorite body. but if ur more into new modern stuff then just buy a new car that makes u happy. and from those two options ur going for i would say get an 11+ v6 . not a big fan of the body on the 10+ but those 13's are pure sex.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
its all what u like bro. i would put the money into the gt because a new edge gt is my all time favorite body. but if ur more into new modern stuff then just buy a new car that makes u happy. and from those two options ur going for i would say get an 11+ v6 . not a big fan of the body on the 10+ but those 13's are pure sex.
Yeah I've always loved the new edge mustangs too.. So much that I got rid of my 99 Z28 camaro for it.. I'm happy with it but am just wondering if I should put alot of money into it or get something new considering that I have around 3 years left to pay it off.. It'll be like 15 years old when I'm done paying it off.. I'm looking more at the 2011 and up mustangs just because their pushing more power.. I'll be fine that it's not a v8 way too much money for me anyway
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT

Yeah I've always loved the new edge mustangs too.. So much that I got rid of my 99 Z28 camaro for it.. I'm happy with it but am just wondering if I should put alot of money into it or get something new considering that I have around 3 years left to pay it off.. It'll be like 15 years old when I'm done paying it off.. I'm looking more at the 2011 and up mustangs just because their pushing more power.. I'll be fine that it's not a v8 way too much money for me anyway
yeah the new gt's are real pricy. if u get a new one get an 11 v6 at least.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam minnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
In my opinion when buying a sports car v6 shouldnt be in the title... id put 3 grand into the 99 and make that baby cruise.. then in three years its yours and you have no payment and more money freed up.. if you get the new car that money is tied up alot longer.. just my opinion the new stangs are bad *** though
sam minnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
mcvicar04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 400
Yea I'd say work on the mustang you have now, the new V6 is a great car but if you mod it you might void your warranty. Make yours a great cruiser with some power I'd say gears and full exhaust get a tuner and you'll be really pleased and from there blow it or heads and cam
mcvicar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam minnick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
I just got my 99 and i love it cant wait to put more mods on it
sam minnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam minnick
In my opinion when buying a sports car v6 shouldnt be in the title... id put 3 grand into the 99 and make that baby cruise.. then in three years its yours and you have no payment and more money freed up.. if you get the new car that money is tied up alot longer.. just my opinion the new stangs are bad *** though
^ well said !!
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
GP3GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: California
Posts: 253
Thanks guys you have some good points.. The new ones are sick.. I would be ok with getting a v6 only because the 11s are probably just as fast if not faster than my GT now.. But yeah I haven't really modded it yet so maybe little by little ill be pleased with it and get the new mustang when I'm done paying mine off
__________________
95 Camaro- Sold
99 Camaro Z28- Sold
99 Mustang GT- DD
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:27 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.