Exhaust recomendations - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Exhaust recomendations

My passenger exhaust pipe needs to be replaced. I'm thinking of just getting a new exhaust kit for it but maybe just replacing the pipe and keeping it stock. Does anyone have any exhaust kit recommendations for a 1999 ford mustang gt or know where I can get the stock pipe for a good price?
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Get a new exhaust! Bassani catbacks sound amazing IMO but are pricey...here's my exhaust setup listen and see if ya like it


Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
I do like that. How much did that run you?
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
I do like that. How much did that run you?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bassan...ck-9904gt.html

Plus 150 for my o/r x pipe
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
A little too pricy for me my friend haha
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
A little too pricy for me my friend haha
Haha well kind kind of sound are u looking for??
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Like you have just a little less expensive haha. I know they have one on American Muscle for about 419$ that sounds similar
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
Like you have just a little less expensive haha. I know they have one on American Muscle for about 419$ that sounds similar
What kind are they?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi

What kind are they?
It's a violator cat sick exhaust.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Catback not whatever it aid lol. Auto correct sucks.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775

It's a violator cat sick exhaust.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Catback not whatever it aid lol. Auto correct sucks.
Lol yea I hate it as well. I've heard bad things about pypes man, things from the pipes not fitting to screws that come with it not being the right size. I'd try and avoid those :/. If u like loud I would go with loudmouths lol. Those are extremely loud
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi

Lol yea I hate it as well. I've heard bad things about pypes man, things from the pipes not fitting to screws that come with it not being the right size. I'd try and avoid those :/. If u like loud I would go with loudmouths lol. Those are extremely loud
Good looking out. Ill do some more research on them. I know greatness comes with a price but if I can find a deal I'm all over it haha
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Can't go wrong with a nice set of SLP LM1's and not too pricey at all! Deep, loud, good exhaust for the money.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775

Good looking out. Ill do some more research on them. I know greatness comes with a price but if I can find a deal I'm all over it haha
Hah yea. Lm1's are about as loud as it gets. And they aren't very expensive
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
crozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
I went MAC pro chambered with flowmaster cat back. Get compliments daily. Can't go wrong!
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz
I went MAC pro chambered with flowmaster cat back. Get compliments daily. Can't go wrong!
+1 haha. Gotta love them complaints my friend
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz
I went MAC pro chambered with flowmaster cat back. Get compliments daily. Can't go wrong!
I have the same exact setup lol I'm thinking of just changing out the mufflers for something else but keeping the flows just in case I wanna put them back on
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
crozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

I have the same exact setup lol I'm thinking of just changing out the mufflers for something else but keeping the flows just in case I wanna put them back on
My check engine light never came on (which is a good thing) but I thought the pro chamber would set it off. Did you light come on?
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz

My check engine light never came on (which is a good thing) but I thought the pro chamber would set it off. Did you light come on?
My check engine light actually did come on lol but it's hit an miss with the prochamber lol some lights do go on and some don't lol guess you got lucky
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
crozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
Ok, just making sure I didn't screw it up SOME how lol
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz
Ok, just making sure I didn't screw it up SOME how lol
Naw man you install it yourself??
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
crozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
Yeah did the mid pipe, cat back and 4:10 gears last week.

Put a ss magnaflow cat back on my 4.6 sport trac a few years back
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz
Yeah did the mid pipe, cat back and 4:10 gears last week.

Put a ss magnaflow cat back on my 4.6 sport trac a few years back
Aw oh ok good man lol I do all my installs myself too, except gears I'm not ballsy enough yet to do that
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227

Aw oh ok good man lol I do all my installs myself too, except gears I'm not ballsy enough yet to do that
Haha I'd be nervous to mess with the gears. At least if the mechanic messes up you can justify the. Being wrong
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
crozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775

Haha I'd be nervous to mess with the gears. At least if the mechanic messes up you can justify the. Being wrong
It's not that bad if the bolts cooperate. Ran into a few big problems due to bolts being ( old ) bolts lol. Had to take the whole rear axel of and press out the pinion. Wouldn't heat out of the diff
crozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozz

It's not that bad if the bolts cooperate. Ran into a few big problems due to bolts being ( old ) bolts lol. Had to take the whole rear axel of and press out the pinion. Wouldn't heat out of the diff
I had to mess with that when I snapped the back axle on my 1993 mustang it was a pain in the ***.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Well I've decided on my exhaust. Ordering it Friday

http://youtu.be/I_8xrxk71J8
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
Well I've decided on my exhaust. Ordering it Friday

http://youtu.be/I_8xrxk71J8
That's the setup I have, and I love it! Probably gonna run an x pipe on it sometime soon to let it roar even more.
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus

That's the setup I have, and I love it! Probably gonna run an x pipe on it sometime soon to let it roar even more.
I like your thinking. How loud is it?
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197STANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04
Can't go wrong with a nice set of SLP LM1's and not too pricey at all! Deep, loud, good exhaust for the money.
+1...you will definitely be heard!
S197STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
I want something that will let these ricers now that why I have stock is more powerful than what they have soured up haha
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197STANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
I want something that will let these ricers now that why I have stock is more powerful than what they have soured up haha
Save up and get an offroad x with the slp lm1's and they'll sh*t their pants lol it's stupid loud!! I donno about you but I love loud cars lol..when you rev it it'll basically sound like a race car!
S197STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Loud is always good to me haha but the cops here in Cheyenne are kind of ******** about it
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
S197STANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
Loud is always good to me haha but the cops here in Cheyenne are kind of ******** about it
That's ok get the slp catted x ....check out this...got to YouTube and type in joshsfoxbody and check out his Mach 1. Kinda go through his vids and find it you will love the sound! It has a catted x and slp lm1 it'll give you an idea! Plus it's legal! I personally don't run converters ever lol it's like what's that when they ask me..
S197STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
ARfirefighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 143
Get your cat back and put it on first. When I had my '01 I ordered an off road X pipe from UPR and a Mac cat back. O/R X came in first so I put it on and it was sweet. Mac showed up a week later and I put it on and for me personally it was instant boner! My neighbors on the other hand were more like instant popo calls. Kept it on for a while but living in a small town and being a firefighter leaving the house at all hours the complaints made me take it off. It's still siting in my attic at the moment.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775

I like your thinking. How loud is it?
It's loud enough to turn heads wherever I go, but a little more can't hurt XD
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.