what quarter times do gt's run? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: what quarter times do gt's run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
9.2s are what, high 13s?
yes high 13's and yes i know my best friend has a terminator too so i hear it all the time. "aww 9.1 thats cute, i ran a 8.2 stock with a sliping clutch and a hole in the intercooler, now what you gotta say?" all i got to say is "one day you just wait, one day" lol

oh and p.s sorry for commenting on the wrong forum i was drunk and just saw the title so i thought id throw my crapy times on there, next time ill read more 1st
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 05:56 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
my 03 in stock form was running 13.9, i added intake, exhaust, pulley, it went down to 13.4, threw in a clutch and flywheel, ran this past tuesday and ran 12.97. 103 mph
i call b.s my 03 gt wouldnt pull a 13.9 stock. it ran a 9.6 in the 1/8 with a pro 5.0 shifter, magnaflow o/r x pipe, magnaflow cat back, k&n CAI with 93 octane in the tank. that car sounded mean but it wouldnt back it up. maybe with some drag radials i could drop it to 9.3 or 9.2 but that still would be bearly into the 13's but thats JMO.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwboring View Post
damn a 12.9... youre all but stock... what was your 60', temp, etc?
reaction- .0248 60ft- 1.832 1/8th- 8.318 finished- 12.932 at 103mph
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_gang View Post
i call b.s my 03 gt wouldnt pull a 13.9 stock. it ran a 9.6 in the 1/8 with a pro 5.0 shifter, magnaflow o/r x pipe, magnaflow cat back, k&n CAI with 93 octane in the tank. that car sounded mean but it wouldnt back it up. maybe with some drag radials i could drop it to 9.3 or 9.2 but that still would be bearly into the 13's but thats JMO.
maybe you just drive like a girl and cant handle your car
Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
reaction- .0248 60ft- 1.832 1/8th- 8.318 finished- 12.932 at 103mph
What else do you have done? A 12.9 seems awfully low for a basically stock GT with underdrive pulleys, ultralight wheels, and K&N....I was running 14.10's in my GT...and believe it had a 13.9 or 13.8 in it with a little better 60 time (1.9-2.0 consistently)....12.9 is starting to push stock 03/04 cobra territory...
Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

i baught the car the way it is with the exception of the clutch and flywheel the guy i baught it from says it was stock.When you pop the hood to look at it it looks stock i dont know waht else is done to it. its gotta be some type of internals. but i dont know what. its got the back to cats deleted it has all 4 02 sensors, the actual sensors not the dummy sensors, it still has the plastic intake. i dont know if it helps but it get about 14 mpg. thats driving it like a grandma. I dont feel the need to pull the motor apart for no reason to find out.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
What else do you have done? A 12.9 seems awfully low for a basically stock GT with underdrive pulleys, ultralight wheels, and K&N....I was running 14.10's in my GT...and believe it had a 13.9 or 13.8 in it with a little better 60 time (1.9-2.0 consistently)....12.9 is starting to push stock 03/04 cobra territory...
lol i still call b.s "um my basicly stock v6 ran a 14.2 @ 102 in the 1/4 with the a/c on!!!" yea right that is as much beliveable as his 12.9 basicly stock gt
Old 04-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #43
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
i baught the car the way it is with the exception of the clutch and flywheel the guy i baught it from says it was stock.When you pop the hood to look at it it looks stock i dont know waht else is done to it. its gotta be some type of internals. but i dont know what. its got the back to cats deleted it has all 4 02 sensors, the actual sensors not the dummy sensors, it still has the plastic intake. i dont know if it helps but it get about 14 mpg. thats driving it like a grandma. I dont feel the need to pull the motor apart for no reason to find out.
14 mpg sounds like that motor might be pretty healthy...

I wouldn't be surprised to find out you have head work done and possibly a mild cam. Either that or you have a void in your floor pan and add some Flintstone power during your runs.

It's just a 12.9 is more along the lines of what a mach 1 would run with a good driver...and they have 60 more hp than a stock GT.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Im pulling it apart as soon as i get another car. I want to twin turbo it. so i will find out then. What does a stock gt have in horsepower
Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #45
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Im pulling it apart as soon as i get another car. I want to twin turbo it. so i will find out then. What does a stock gt have in horsepower
260 at the crank, about 220-230 at the wheels.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the 03 have a whooping 260 at the flywheel
Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

yeah mines definitly not stock then.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #48
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I was curious what else you have done. I don't doubt your time, its just the mods that seemed out of place. Do you have a pic of this motor?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I was curious what else you have done. I don't doubt your time, its just the mods that seemed out of place. Do you have a pic of this motor?
Ill post it tonight.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to rwboring

someone prob shoved a 4v in it!!! is there a blue bottle in the trunk
rwboring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #51
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwboring View Post
someone prob shoved a 4v in it!!! is there a blue bottle in the trunk
I was leaning towards the 4v thought as well...which is why I wanted to see a pic of the motor.

It might be stock....stock 4v.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

yeah the mach 1 comment made my ears perk up
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

definetly not a 4 v
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

is there a big round thing on the front passenger side of your motor?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

nope sorry it looks like a stock 2v and no bottle in the trunk
Old 04-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

haha... maybe i just need the driver mod
Old 04-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:

Really man???....Come on you would know if your motor was not stock! If it had internal work done the motor would have a nice healthy lope when it idled! Also the person who sold it to you would have more than likely known what was done to it!

Also if you are getting 14 MPG you might want to try a tune up (ie plugs, wires, and oild change) on more regular basis!

As for your claims I find them really BS as you can not produce vids, timeslips, hell you can not even tell us your 60' times! Even if you did at this point I am inclined only to beleive video (with you before hand, a shot of the motor, then a shot of your run).......

So until then I am calling :liar:BS BS BS BS :liar:.........Really man do you have a honda that runs 10 seconds stock...well except for the port and polished pistons and a 400 shot NOZZZ....Please!
New Baby:
1989 5.0 5spd Great plans for this monster!
afinley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by afinley11 View Post
Really man???....Come on you would know if your motor was not stock! If it had internal work done the motor would have a nice healthy lope when it idled! Also the person who sold it to you would have more than likely known what was done to it!

Also if you are getting 14 MPG you might want to try a tune up (ie plugs, wires, and oild change) on more regular basis!

As for your claims I find them really BS as you can not produce vids, timeslips, hell you can not even tell us your 60' times! Even if you did at this point I am inclined only to beleive video (with you before hand, a shot of the motor, then a shot of your run).......

So until then I am calling :liar:BS BS BS BS :liar:.........Really man do you have a honda that runs 10 seconds stock...well except for the port and polished pistons and a 400 shot NOZZZ....Please!
first off who said they were the one who built it. second it lopes no more than my buddies has almost the same **** done but for some reason i can leave him. 3rd can you read? its about 8 post ago. maybe if you learned how to drive that pos v6 you drive might be able to keep up.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #59
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Ok, I don't doubt his times. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he can read the time slip and report his time. It is very easy to believe the motor could have more done to it than he knows. Hell, even the previous owner could have bought the car used and would have no clue. Maybe the previous owner figures a 2 valve motor is stock....even if it is built.

As for lope...I can show you a video of a stage 3 cammed 03 cobra that if I didn't tell you it was cammed...you wouldn't be able to tell. IN fact, if I took video of my car idling right now you would swear it is cammed....in fact, it is just the tuner can't tune my car for **** since i ported it so it idles like it is cammed.

Odds are, his motor is worked over. IF it needed a tune up, it would run like **** and he would know it needed a tune up. INstead, it runs 12's....sounds like a real healthy motor to me...I'm looking forward to the pics of the motor to see if I can pick out any mods.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:11 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, I don't doubt his times. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he can read the time slip and report his time. It is very easy to believe the motor could have more done to it than he knows. Hell, even the previous owner could have bought the car used and would have no clue. Maybe the previous owner figures a 2 valve motor is stock....even if it is built.

As for lope...I can show you a video of a stage 3 cammed 03 cobra that if I didn't tell you it was cammed...you wouldn't be able to tell. IN fact, if I took video of my car idling right now you would swear it is cammed....in fact, it is just the tuner can't tune my car for **** since i ported it so it idles like it is cammed.

Odds are, his motor is worked over. IF it needed a tune up, it would run like **** and he would know it needed a tune up. INstead, it runs 12's....sounds like a real healthy motor to me...I'm looking forward to the pics of the motor to see if I can pick out any mods.

see the problem is he has no time slip to post, he has no ideal what is done to his car, and "Yup my engine is not stock then" really is no excuse for lieing about your times....like I said I think he is full of ****e..that is all!

A 4V might be lighter at idle with a cam, but if you listen to lope will be there, if ever so slightly! Most of the time when you buy a car with internal work done it is usually a big selling point on the car! I just don't beleive the guy! Point blank he is full of it!
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
first off who said they were the one who built it. second it lopes no more than my buddies has almost the same **** done but for some reason i can leave him. 3rd can you read? its about 8 post ago. maybe if you learned how to drive that pos v6 you drive might be able to keep up.
I can drive my my POS just fine, You see I can read, my time slips are 13.8's with me on street tires...yep that is 13.8 with a 2.4-2.4 60' time, just in case you do not understand that means to much power on the wrong tires! I know why I am not getting the ETs I should, I am having to power through the gears with a lot of spin, but don't worry I set of slicks will take care of my problem, but if you look at my trap speed you can see the real pontential behind the car! Lack of slicks at the track is my problem...but if you really feel like putting up your title feel free to give me call I will IM you my #......

Like I said you are BSing....

You know I think I found a video of you:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/G...ang_157808.htm

Please enjoy!!!

The reason you "get up and leave your buddies car" maybe you just jump him...But I will bet doolars to nickles your car is stock and you are Full of ****e! Sorry but people like you give mustang owners a bad name, try being honest about your car and you will get more respect!
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I can tell you guys what I run and the mods I have...
The car is an '06 Roush Stage 1
The mods are
Mobil 1 10W30
RedLine WaterWetter (coolant additive)
Off Road X pipes
K&N air filter
SCT X3 93 octane tune
Nitto 555 (275/40/18) tires (instead of the Coopers)
Removed the spare tire and jack
Removed the rubber air intake extender on the filter cover

My best times are
1/4 mile @ Beech Bend

R/T .095
60' 2.069
330' 5.683
1/8 8.695
MPH 82.39
1000' 11.277
1/4 13.457
MPH 103.63

1/8 mile @ Union Hill
R/T .4849 (I needed the nap)
60' 1.9582
330' 5.5102
594' 7.9899
1/8 8.5439
MPH 81.23

Car weighs (with the driver and spare tire and jack) with 1/4 tank of gas:
3720 lbs
2000 lbs front end
1720 lbs rear end

I do have the timeslips (I keep them all) but no scanner...I could take pics if anyone doubts these time.
Just ask.
RedRoushOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #63
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

good info thanks for posting
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoushOne View Post
I can tell you guys what I run and the mods I have...
The car is an '06 Roush Stage 1
The mods are
Mobil 1 10W30
RedLine WaterWetter (coolant additive)
Off Road X pipes
K&N air filter
SCT X3 93 octane tune
Nitto 555 (275/40/18) tires (instead of the Coopers)
Removed the spare tire and jack
Removed the rubber air intake extender on the filter cover

My best times are
1/4 mile @ Beech Bend

R/T .095
60' 2.069
330' 5.683
1/8 8.695
MPH 82.39
1000' 11.277
1/4 13.457
MPH 103.63

1/8 mile @ Union Hill
R/T .4849 (I needed the nap)
60' 1.9582
330' 5.5102
594' 7.9899
1/8 8.5439
MPH 81.23

Car weighs (with the driver and spare tire and jack) with 1/4 tank of gas:
3720 lbs
2000 lbs front end
1720 lbs rear end

I do have the timeslips (I keep them all) but no scanner...I could take pics if anyone doubts these time.
Just ask.
Nice times brother, I would like to see pics of the car if you have any...sounds sweet!
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I called the first owner. The car has stock heads, port matched exhaust and intake manifolds, 224 cam, been tuned. the intake, pulley, clutch, flywheel, and flowmaster exhaust, and the pics will be posted tonight if i can figure out how. The files im trying to download are to big for the web site.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Copy of PICT0113.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	19131
there ya go...
RedRoushOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can drive my my POS just fine, You see I can read, my time slips are 13.8's with me on street tires...yep that is 13.8 with a 2.4-2.4 60' time, just in case you do not understand that means to much power on the wrong tires! I know why I am not getting the ETs I should, I am having to power through the gears with a lot of spin, but don't worry I set of slicks will take care of my problem, but if you look at my trap speed you can see the real pontential behind the car! Lack of slicks at the track is my problem...but if you really feel like putting up your title feel free to give me call I will IM you my #......

Like I said you are BSing....

You know I think I found a video of you:

GuyTalks about V6 Mustang - Video

Please enjoy!!!

The reason you "get up and leave your buddies car" maybe you just jump him...But I will bet doolars to nickles your car is stock and you are Full of ****e! Sorry but people like you give mustang owners a bad name, try being honest about your car and you will get more respect!
Im the discrace but you drive a 6 cyclinder even if it has a procharger your still driving a 6 banger. how about you grow up and buy a real car, not a *****e car
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #68
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
I called the first owner. The car has stock heads, port matched exhaust and intake manifolds, 224 cam, been tuned. the intake, pulley, clutch, flywheel, and flowmaster exhaust, and the pics will be posted tonight if i can figure out how. The files im trying to download are to big for the web site.

So much for the "dollars to nickels" claim...

Now, why don't you grow a little patience, and let someone post up the stuff that he said he was going to post before you go off trying to sound like the end all be all of information. And for the record, it is easy to cam a car and have it not sound cammed. Not all cams have an exaggerated lope....specially in these Mod motors.

Now, how about you sit back, have mommy get you a popsicle, and wait for the pics.

And 1234, I'd watch out on the *****y v6 comments, about 90% of this site is made up of "*****y v6's". In fact, it originated as a V6 site...
Old 04-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah port matched exhuast manifolds....yeeeeaaah

ok let us do a little math:

Stock 260 @ the fly wheel

I will allow for 15% loss to the wheels for leaves you with right at 220 at the wheels. Now lets list your mods and corresponding HP gains:

1. 8-10 for the ported intakes (granted if the fully ported, not port matched)
2. 15 for the cam (if considering the stock heads will severly limit the Cam)
3. 5-7 for the underdrive pulleys
4. As for the exhaust you said manifolds, so you do not have headers which will limit the gains from your exhaust....so I am going to say 12 Hp (that is being some what generous).
5. The tune I will be nice and give you 5-7 Hp, as a 4V motor from a 1999 cobra only made 8....VMP Tuning - Dyno Proven Gains

The clutch and flywheel add nothing!

So you total in gains is: 49 RWHP......For a grand total of: 269 RWHP (that is being some what on the high side!

Now I am going to dock a little on the HP because you have a stock air intake and stock exhaust manifolds (these can cause considerable restriction on the air flow!)....So I will put you right at 260 @ the wheels...

Now the base weight of your car is Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,373 and adding about 175 lbs for the average person= 3548 lbs....

So according to:

Speed Calculators, From RPM Outlet

With a perfect start and hooking very well you should run:

13.919 @ 97.92 MPH

That seems to be a far cry from 0248 60ft- 1.832 1/8th- 8.318 finished- 12.932 at 103mph

At those speeds and times you would have to have a little over 302 RWHP....Man with your HP numbers you are second slower.!!!

So my assesment still stands.......:blah::liar::lame:

Sorry man, I am not trying to be an *** here, but I call BS when I see it!
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So much for the "dollars to nickels" claim...

Now, why don't you grow a little patience, and let someone post up the stuff that he said he was going to post before you go off trying to sound like the end all be all of information. And for the record, it is easy to cam a car and have it not sound cammed. Not all cams have an exaggerated lope....specially in these Mod motors.

Now, how about you sit back, have mommy get you a popsicle, and wait for the pics.

And 1234, I'd watch out on the *****y v6 comments, about 90% of this site is made up of "*****y v6's". In fact, it originated as a V6 site...
Never claimed to be the end all the end all of information, but trust me I am pretty sure he is full of it....Just really hate for people to make claims about the car they drive when it fact the person is full of it.......I posted the above post and ( I did the math before I posted and tried to fair!!) his claims, numbers and mods do not add up!

I am not a child..I think I will sit back and have a few shots of whiskey! I am willing to admit when I am wrong, but until I see dyno graphs, time slips, and vid I am going to be hard pressed to beleive the guy!

Like I said I respect honesty alot more than BS!!
New Baby:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT