what quarter times do gt's run? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #71
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: what quarter times do gt's run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afinley11 View Post
Sorry man, I am not trying to be an *** here, but I call BS when I see it!

You're failling miserably...so, until he posts pics of things, how about you step away from the keyboard.

As for for ragging on what he said his mod list was, no everyone is an ASE mechanic. Not everyone uses the exact terms for engine parts. Do a little translation and interpretation and you will be able to figure it out.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You're failling miserably...so, until he posts pics of things, how about you step away from the keyboard.

As for for ragging on what he said his mod list was, no everyone is an ASE mechanic. Not everyone uses the exact terms for engine parts. Do a little translation and interpretation and you will be able to figure it out.

Originally Posted by 1234

"The car has stock heads, port matched exhaust and intake manifolds, 224 cam, been tuned. the intake, pulley, clutch, flywheel, and flowmaster exhaust"

I do beleive he did post his mods!!!

Can you honestly say with those mods he is running 12's.....
New Baby:
1989 5.0 5spd Great plans for this monster!
afinley11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #73
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Im the discrace but you drive a 6 cyclinder even if it has a procharger your still driving a 6 banger. how about you grow up and buy a real car, not a *****e car
Don't you realize that there are enough people to hate in the world already without your working so hard to give us another?
You come on the site claiming your car does this and that and then can't back it up !!!
I agree with the majority BS !!!! Then your bashing people for what they drive When you don't even know what mods you have your comments prove you have the IQ of lint or maybe the mental hospital test too many drugs on you ? either way you truly live up to your sig

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #74
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234

"The car has stock heads, port matched exhaust and intake manifolds, 224 cam, been tuned. the intake, pulley, clutch, flywheel, and flowmaster exhaust"

I do beleive he did post his mods!!!

Can you honestly say with those mods he is running 12's.....
I can honestly say I'm not going to call BS till I see pics of the motor so I have all the information to make said call...

See, when you don't have all the information, it makes it hard to make the right decision. When someone isn't sure what is done to their car, that is an instant red flag to say - Well, there might be more to the story.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I can honestly say I'm not going to call BS till I see pics of the motor so I have all the information to make said call...

See, when you don't have all the information, it makes it hard to make the right decision. When someone isn't sure what is done to their car, that is an instant red flag to say - Well, there might be more to the story.
Now that is fair enough, sorry for the over reaction on my part to your comments! As a couple of other post have stated I am really calling it as I see it..I have dealt with a lot of morons on other boards and it just really really really gets old after while. In my defense the over all tone and content on the the guys post are what I am basing my opinion off of! I am certain he is going to end up be full of it...but if I am wrong I am wrong!

I hear from this guy is "I do not know" "I am not sure" "I can't figure out how to post this or that"...ect ect ect!

On top of that the facts he has posted are complete BS I am just saying and with just general knowledge and a little little research it turns out to confirm my suspicions! Any way just saying,......
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Don't you realize that there are enough people to hate in the world already without your working so hard to give us another?
You come on the site claiming your car does this and that and then can't back it up !!!
I agree with the majority BS !!!! Then your bashing people for what they drive When you don't even know what mods you have your comments prove you have the IQ of lint or maybe the mental hospital test too many drugs on you ? either way you truly live up to your sig
I concure and thank you!!
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Cars totalled doesnt even matter. happened on the way to work today.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry if you did wreck it and hope you are ok!!

Ok I am going to play devils adovcate here, got pics of the damage man?

I have my own ideal of what really happened, but I will hold my tongue until you post em up....
New Baby:
Old 04-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

no pics im fine just i hate old people who cant feel their feet. He thought he was stopping but was hitting the gas. HIt the front passenger side and spun my car then the back of the pass side. ripped the back bumper off and tore the **** out of the front end. It pushed the front corner of the car into the motor. So now im driving my old ladies 2004 chevy cavalier oh yeah
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Yeah port matched exhuast manifolds....yeeeeaaah

ok let us do a little math:

Stock 260 @ the fly wheel

I will allow for 15% loss to the wheels for leaves you with right at 220 at the wheels. Now lets list your mods and corresponding HP gains:

1. 8-10 for the ported intakes (granted if the fully ported, not port matched)
2. 15 for the cam (if considering the stock heads will severly limit the Cam)
3. 5-7 for the underdrive pulleys
4. As for the exhaust you said manifolds, so you do not have headers which will limit the gains from your exhaust....so I am going to say 12 Hp (that is being some what generous).
5. The tune I will be nice and give you 5-7 Hp, as a 4V motor from a 1999 cobra only made 8....VMP Tuning - Dyno Proven Gains

The clutch and flywheel add nothing!

So you total in gains is: 49 RWHP......For a grand total of: 269 RWHP (that is being some what on the high side!

Now I am going to dock a little on the HP because you have a stock air intake and stock exhaust manifolds (these can cause considerable restriction on the air flow!)....So I will put you right at 260 @ the wheels...

Now the base weight of your car is Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,373 and adding about 175 lbs for the average person= 3548 lbs....

So according to:

Speed Calculators, From RPM Outlet

With a perfect start and hooking very well you should run:

13.919 @ 97.92 MPH

That seems to be a far cry from 0248 60ft- 1.832 1/8th- 8.318 finished- 12.932 at 103mph

At those speeds and times you would have to have a little over 302 RWHP....Man with your HP numbers you are second slower.!!!

So my assesment still stands.......:blah::liar::lame:

Sorry man, I am not trying to be an *** here, but I call BS when I see it!

ACTULLY A LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL WILL INCRESE HORSEPOWER BECAUSE OF THE LESS ROTATING MASS AND WILL ACTULLY LET THE MOTOR TURN FASTER THEN THE STOCK SET UP. BUT I STILL CALL BS ON THE 12.9
Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

and also in his defence it is easy to have a car and not know what was done to it before you got. my case in point. i have a 93 mustang i bought with a 4 bangger auto. i bought a 91 gt from the wrecking yard for like 600 bucks. i did the swap and all i added was full length ceramic headers, o/r h pipe, 40 series flows, factory lx tips, accel wires, 255 lph fuel pump, and 3.73 gears, and a hypertech chip was on the computer in the 91 so i used it. they obviously did something to the motor because i run consitant 9.1 in the 1/8 on street tires (no traction at all) and ran a 8.6 on slicks and these cars bearly ran low 15 or high 14 stock and mine is in mid to low 13's. there is no way its stock. but with 315000 miles on it now (128000 on the 91) ill find out soon. lol
Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_gang View Post
ACTULLY A LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL WILL INCRESE HORSEPOWER BECAUSE OF THE LESS ROTATING MASS AND WILL ACTULLY LET THE MOTOR TURN FASTER THEN THE STOCK SET UP. BUT I STILL CALL BS ON THE 12.9
As you have stated it lessens the rotating mass, thus causing the rotating mass to become lighter. It does not "make horsepower", if anything it will free horsepower up! The gains however will be minimal at best.
New Baby:
Old 04-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
As you have stated it lessens the rotating mass, thus causing the rotating mass to become lighter. It does not "make horsepower", if anything it will free horsepower up! The gains however will be minimal at best.

same thing basically. stop being so nit picky already. guys like you on forums like this are the reason why threads get locked and people get banned. ease up already.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
same thing basically. stop being so nit picky already. guys like you on forums like this are the reason why threads get locked and people get banned. ease up already.
If you say so......I geuss passing on accurate tech information gets threads locked up! But no need to be nit picky when dealing engines, what is the difference if you are little off on the the tolerances....It is basically the same thing :rofl:

I get corrected all the time as I make plenty of mistake, but you see that is how I learn.

but if "basically the same thing" is ok by you then, hey your choice!
New Baby:
Old 04-26-2008, 04:58 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
actually you are correct thats what i ment but i didnt state it right, but it can free up more power then you may think. on my 07 gt if i change the 2 pice driveshaft to a carbon fiber one pice they have shown hp increases of up to 40 hp at the rear wheels.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:00 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
actually you are correct thats what i ment but i didnt state it right, but it can free up more power then you may think. on my 07 gt if i change the 2 pice driveshaft to a carbon fiber one pice they have shown hp increases of up to 40 hp at the rear wheels.
I do not know much about the new stangs, but be carefull with manufactures claims to HP....but hey good luck if you do!
New Baby:
Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

that was a dyno test in a mag but for the like 700 bucks it cost a nice 150 would free up more and be cheaper!!!lol
Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
that was a dyno test in a mag but for the like 700 bucks it cost a nice 150 would free up more and be cheaper!!!lol
Right I hear you, it would be nice if all horse power was cheap right! My dad used to tell me the only thing that kept him from going fast was his wallet!
New Baby:
Old 04-27-2008, 04:43 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Right I hear you, it would be nice if all horse power was cheap right! My dad used to tell me the only thing that kept him from going fast was his wallet!
lol yea my wallet and my wife!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:38 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol yea my wallet and my wife!
My wife not so much so, she is into it! As long as all the bills are paid and have decent amount in savings! I get to use my allowance on what ever I want to! 2: I also have nice little advantage of being medically retired from the Navy! So that check takes care of most of my toys.....
New Baby:
Old 04-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

thats the problem my wife is into it too. so i have to fix up her cars also, so that takes money from projects!!! lol for example she was playing on the computer the other day and came out and told me "hey did you know for less then 2grand the bmw can put 415 hp at the rear wheels?" we just ordered the damn car and it wont even be here for 3 to 4 months and she alredy wants to do stuff to it!! lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT