1999 cobra gt trans clutch and shifter help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
1999 cobra gt trans clutch and shifter help?

K so last year I got the mechanic to put another trans in my 99 cobra I believed he said it came out of an 02 gt. I know the 99 has a t45 and the 02 was the tr 3650. He put that in for me. I think my clutch is going bad because my car sounds fine until the clutch is engaged and it makes like a whining noise and when I rev it a little the whine noise gets louder. Do I need to replace it with an 02 gt clutch or 99 cobra clutch? And my car had a short shifter put on there before I bought it if it has one for a 99 cobra and the trans is a gt do I need to switch to a 99 cobra shifter or 02 gt? The shifting is kind of chunky any help would be nice thanks
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
What do you mean a whining noise? It could just be as simple as a throw out bearing.
Tylercribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Here take a listen I didn't rev it but that noise gets louder when I do I still don't understand that if I have a shoft shifter that fits a 99 cobra trans and I have a 02 gt trans how they are still coinciding? Shifting is chunky I got in an 00 v6 5 speed and the clutch was so light and the shifting it was so movable and easy ity was hard to tell what gear I was in mine don't shift as easily and the clutch is hard as crap to push
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Its that junk 3650 sir, jk well junk cause the 3 I've known crap out 3rd. May even be a syncro, I had a horrible squeal from my 45 ended up bring 3 an 4 syncros. It would be quiet then build up and never shut up till she was off.
I think as to the clutch it matters on the car, cause of the bolt pattern if im not mistaken and not the tranny
And shifter should need to be a 3650 short shifter
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So as far as the clutch goes go by the car and what bout the shifter it says it fits like 3650 for T45 on am muscle should I go by year
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon
So as far as the clutch goes go by the car and what bout the shifter it says it fits like 3650 for T45 on am muscle should I go by year
To my knowledge yes.
And the shifter yeah go by year that way it shows you the ones for a 3650, unless the one you have will fit it, wouldn't know though. Google the sucker and see if it'll fit
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT