Need advice on Trick Flow intake manifold for 4.6 SOHC - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Need advice on Trick Flow intake manifold for 4.6 SOHC

Hi, I'm a Naturally Aspirated engine Junkie. I need some recommendations on the trick flow (TF) intake manifold. I own a 97 GT Vert. Currently putting down 279 RWHP. I am interested in the TF track Heat. There are 2 versions. The single throttle body, and the twin. Which is better. The twin is attractive. What are the advantages, and will it help me break 300. At the wheels. Will I need to CAM up up? Here's my bolt ons:
-70mm TB
-PI 2004 GT Heads, new.
-Steeda CAI
-Stock 04 CAMS
-Clean Stock romeo block
-Comp Is estimated 10:1
-UPR/Aeromotive fuel system 8AN
-24 lb injectors.
-Drive train is set to handle major HO/Torque with mosers. Diff is reinforced.
-exhaust is already modded to excavate anything I throw at it.
-yeah, the chassis is reinforced too.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post
Hi, I'm a Naturally Aspirated engine Junkie. I need some recommendations on the trick flow (TF) intake manifold. I own a 97 GT Vert. Currently putting down 279 RWHP. I am interested in the TF track Heat. There are 2 versions. The single throttle body, and the twin. Which is better. The twin is attractive. What are the advantages, and will it help me break 300. At the wheels. Will I need to CAM up up? Here's my bolt ons:
-70mm TB
-PI 2004 GT Heads, new.
-Steeda CAI
-Stock 04 CAMS
-Clean Stock romeo block
-Comp Is estimated 10:1
-UPR/Aeromotive fuel system 8AN
-24 lb injectors.
-Drive train is set to handle major HO/Torque with mosers. Diff is reinforced.
-exhaust is already modded to excavate anything I throw at it.
-yeah, the chassis is reinforced too.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.
Actaully the best intake for the N/S combination is the Street intake. You will maintain more bottom end torque with it and still make the 20 hp gain over the PI intake. Yes you will need to cam up to make the power you are looking to make.
Gregg@TFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg@TFS View Post
Actaully the best intake for the N/S combination is the Street intake. You will maintain more bottom end torque with it and still make the 20 hp gain over the PI intake. Yes you will need to cam up to make the power you are looking to make.
Street intake? Who makes that? I've never heard of it and tax time I maybe interested. Thanks
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis96gt View Post
Street intake? Who makes that? I've never heard of it and tax time I maybe interested. Thanks
We do. We have offered it since the beginning of the year. Check out part number TFS-51800000 on our web site.
Gregg@TFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg@TFS View Post
We do. We have offered it since the beginning of the year. Check out part number TFS-51800000 on our web site.
K thanks ill def check it out.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis96gt

K thanks ill def check it out.
Dude, the street intake is the stock intake
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg@TFS

Actaully the best intake for the N/S combination is the Street intake. You will maintain more bottom end torque with it and still make the 20 hp gain over the PI intake. Yes you will need to cam up to make the power you are looking to make.
Actually the Track Heat intake from TrickFlow is said to add as much as 10hp and 10lbs of torque at about 1500 rpms over stock, on a NA motor!.. I've already researched it and was going to get one earlier this year!.. If you were to go FI then the twin TB opening would be better!... Other wise the twin and single will give you about the same hp increase!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Dude, the street intake is the stock intake
That is a false statement. Our Street intake is no where close to being a stock intake.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Actually the Track Heat intake from TrickFlow is said to add as much as 10hp and 10lbs of torque at about 1500 rpms over stock, on a NA motor!.. I've already researched it and was going to get one earlier this year!.. If you were to go FI then the twin TB opening would be better!... Other wise the twin and single will give you about the same hp increase!..
The Track Heat intake is 20 HP better than stock and 10 ft bls. of torque better but that is at 3500 and above. The Street intake is 30 ft lbs. better in torque than the Track Heat throughout the entire RPM range and still maintains the 20hp gain. Actually we saw very little difference between the twin TB and the single no matter if it was N/A or FI.
Gregg@TFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
01bullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 210
i have a bullitt so i have the mani that tf intake on my car i put down 297 with intake exhuast and a tune so yea it makes power. i have the twin tb set up the open oval tb is for boost
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
runvsofthisbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Florida
Posts: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post
i have a bullitt so i have the mani that tf intake on my car i put down 297 with intake exhuast and a tune so yea it makes power. i have the twin tb set up the open oval tb is for boost
Im confused do you have a stock bullitt Intake or the trick flow intake? If so which trick flow intake? Thanks just I treated in your numbers and all. Thanks. My 02 has full exhaust and CAI and 5spd and I'm looking to put down a little more HP too.
__________________

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
runvsofthisbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Florida
Posts: 606
That intake is expensive though. Summit has it at $850.
__________________

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull

Im confused do you have a stock bullitt Intake or the trick flow intake? If so which trick flow intake? Thanks just I treated in your numbers and all. Thanks. My 02 has full exhaust and CAI and 5spd and I'm looking to put down a little more HP too.
The street Trick Flow intake is based off the bullitt intake, which is what Soccerluvr was getting at earlier in the thread.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Oh Lord,

It's been 5 months since I last hooked up to my post. Sorry all. Looks like I'll have to cam up eventually. Current stock cams have about 5k on them along with some hard revs of course. I think I'll do the intake first by going with the TFS or keeping mine and tweak them some. not sure yet.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 559
Would you need to be dyno tuned with these, or would an SCT tuner suffice?
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.