question? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina

For the passed couple of months I've had some experience with stuttering and occasional backfires. Never figured out why, no codes or anything. I know the P.O. did work to this car, so my question is if he put a 93 tune on the car and it was ran on 87 would that cause the stuttering problem?

I found ethanol free 93 and put it in thr tank the other night (thinking if there was a tune this would be my deciding factor) and I have not had a single stutter and just seems to run better overall. I've tried to replicate it on this gas and have not had a problem.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Missouri
Should get a tuner and find out

1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Check your plugs and the gap.....also if you think it is fuel related then add some 93 with a can of octane booster and see if it goes away. If so then change the place where you get gas most the time. 93 isnt the same at all gas stations, its the way it is refined with their company they use. I researched it before I went with FI cuz I wanted the best gas.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Should get a tuner and find out
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT