Kenne bell automatic - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
infamous281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 779
Simple Blower Swap with supporting Mods on a Mach



Click image for larger version

Name:	c6e4e922-4e2f-e328.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	74116
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

The op said he was gonna do a PI swap , o ya I forgot you can't read , I agree 4v's have alot more potential but you need to understand that 2v's ain't dogs either you can make big 4v power out of a 2v also
Wow!.. Some people are getting a bit but hurt!.. Lol I do agree with the fact that the 4V has more potential!.. And that the 2V has a lot of potential!.. A buddy of mine has 2V pushing over 620hp at the wheels!.. It's defiantly not a Dog!.. Lol

But then again with the right build you can make anything "fast!.."
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
infamous281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

You do mechanic guy? If so than why I doing math for you 305fwhp- 15% drivetrain loss assuming you have a manual trans = 259.25 rwhp
15? More like 12 ? Automatics have 14-16% oh I forgot you own a dyno. My bad mechanic .. And mechanic? Who in the hell uses that term.nowadays ?
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V
Simple Blower Swap with supporting Mods on a Mach
No one is debating the gains of a blown 2v vs 4v , I agree a 4v has more potential , the debate started over a stock mach over a full bolt on GT

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V

15? More like 12 ? Automatics have 14-16% oh I forgot you own a dyno. My bad mechanic .. And mechanic? Who in the hell uses that term.nowadays ?
Ok so 305-12%=268.4 , so how is this faster than a full bolt on 2v?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
03whitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Here ya go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2516943623.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	74120
03whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
03whitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
See a mach beat that 2v!
03whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetLife 01GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: California
Posts: 598
It's getting heated in this room. Someone open a window and kick on the fan. Cool it off in here some LOL. Gotta love two guys enthusiastic about cars. And that's a crazy 2v AM built.
__________________
2001 GT

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
It's cool!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2020846103.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	74135  
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Slow and others your numbers are way wrong. Here is the starting point with a pro driver, stock and stick.

Start here then add your mod deduction times accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-245617673.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	74140   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2934800998.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	74141  

__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Michigan

2004 Mustang GT Auto

With basic bolt ons: CAI, 75mm TB with matching plenum, Steeda TB Spacer, MSD coils, UD pullies, DiabloSport Tune, Pypes O/R X-pipe, and CheerBomb Vortex Cat Back exhaust!..

Running at a family owned track on street tires, with a average time of 14.2!..

Just to throw out some real world numbers!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360
To the op, I have a all stock PI motor I have two bolt on's , a Kenne Bell 2.1 and a bbk cai I'm putting down 360rwhp , if I do a 75mm throttle body and a 4" cai I would be easily over 400rwhp and the car would be safe to drive as long as you have a good tune, my car was at 380 but we kicked it down a bit due to the throttle body and cai it was becoming a restriction on the top end
Thanks man that's all I was trying to figure out. Beautiful car by the way
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Rm360, you have stock exhaust?

And automatic?
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
Michigan

2004 Mustang GT Auto

With basic bolt ons: CAI, 75mm TB with matching plenum, Steeda TB Spacer, MSD coils, UD pullies, DiabloSport Tune, Pypes O/R X-pipe, and CheerBomb Vortex Cat Back exhaust!..

Running at a family owned track on street tires, with a average time of 14.2!..

Just to throw out some real world numbers!..
Maybe you're 60 time might be bad. I have similar mods but better tires and gears and ran a 13.2
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Ven your numbers and mods add up perfectly!

Thank you.

There's bolt on mustang gt's doing 12.7 at every track. Check YouTube.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Ven your numbers and mods add up perfectly!

Thank you.

There's bolt on mustang gt's doing 12.7 at every track. Check YouTube.
Thnks. Looking to get in the 12's with a tuner now
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vertgt

Thanks man that's all I was trying to figure out. Beautiful car by the way
Thank you!!!! I'm glad I could help, you have a very nice car also can't wait to see what you do with her

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Rm360, you have stock exhaust?

And automatic?
No I failed to mention I have lt's and full exhaust ,my tuner said there was really no gains from the exhaust maybe 5-6 hp , he said for my setup the stock exhaust manifolds and piping would of been fine, he said I wouldn't see any real gains out of the exhaust setup till around 500 hp and yes I have an auto with jmod done
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

Maybe you're 60 time might be bad. I have similar mods but better tires and gears and ran a 13.2
Track prep, location, and the fact I still have stock gears, all play a part!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Also I want to know what my car will run in Street Trim!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Thanks Rm.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
Also I want to know what my car will run in Street Trim!..
What you mean
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

What you mean
I've always ran my cars on street tires!.. No special Track Only tunes!.. How drive my car on the street!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I've always ran my cars on street tires!.. No special Track Only tunes!.. How drive my car on the street!..
Oh ok
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

Thank you!!!! I'm glad I could help, you have a very nice car also can't wait to see what you do with her

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------



No I failed to mention I have lt's and full exhaust ,my tuner said there was really no gains from the exhaust maybe 5-6 hp , he said for my setup the stock exhaust manifolds and piping would of been fine, he said I wouldn't see any real gains out of the exhaust setup till around 500 hp and yes I have an auto with jmod done
Thanks it means a lot! I want a vortech but keep leaning towards a kenne bell and I think I'm gonna go for it.
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Thanks Rm.
[QUOTE="98vertgt"]

Thanks it means a lot! I want a vortech but keep leaning towards a kenne bell and I think I'm gonna go for it.

Your welcome guys I'm glad I could help out , and 98 you really can't go wrong with either supercharger both are nice units and can get you to where you want to go and beyond
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Rm you have kb 2.1?
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
Rm you have kb 2.1?
Yes , my KB is a 2.1 liter
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
So you can increase hp with a new pulley and tune only? Say to 420 hp?

No need for a larger tb.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander
So you can increase hp with a new pulley and tune only? Say to 420 hp?

No need for a larger tb.
No , you would need a 75mm throttle body , bigger cai like a Jlt or Anderson Motorsport power pipe , a 90mm mass air meter ,and a new tune. If you have a stock fuel pump I would upgrade to a Lincoln avaitior fuel pump and run it with the KB boost a pump. The 9-10 pulley will be fine , but keep in mind if you want to run 10lbs. of boost with this set up you may have to get the KB boost a spark to keep the spark current thru the whole rpm band , I would talk to your tuner about that
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360

No , you would need a 75mm throttle body , bigger cai like a Jlt or Anderson Motorsport power pipe , a 90mm mass air meter ,and a new tune. If you have a stock fuel pump I would upgrade to a Lincoln avaitior fuel pump and run it with the KB boost a pump. The 9-10 pulley will be fine , but keep in mind if you want to run 10lbs. of boost with this set up you may have to get the KB boost a spark to keep the spark current thru the whole rpm band , I would talk to your tuner about that
Even if you did these mods it would probably only put you at around 400-405 rwhp if you wanted 420 I would add a set of stage 2 cams to the mix
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Ok great info thanks.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
No prob, I failed to mention thought you would also need 60 lb. injectors
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #67
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow2V View Post
Sell it and get a better 4.6
Thats a waste of money
this is the most logical thing to do. I understand your love for your ride, it's a sweet ride. the bottom line though is about power, and you would be better off pumping the brakes then investing your hard earned money on a ride that ultimately will probably fall short of your aspiration(no offense) and then you will end up starting over on a newer ride anyway but minus the cash you could have saved to jump start your newer ride. I'm in the same boat with a 2010 GT. I've invested much time, effort and funds on my Stang and it's exactly what I want.. with more power.. so I am finding it near impossible to let it go for a 5.0 which I can easily hang with if its stock.. either way, I should've cooled my jets and refocused on the bigger picture I had in mind.. now,.... a rock and a hard place... bitter sweet, but I do love the absolute crap outta my ride and smile every time I see it or drive it..
x_phlyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_phlyte View Post

this is the most logical thing to do. I understand your love for your ride, it's a sweet ride. the bottom line though is about power, and you would be better off pumping the brakes then investing your hard earned money on a ride that ultimately will probably fall short of your aspiration(no offense) and then you will end up starting over on a newer ride anyway but minus the cash you could have saved to jump start your newer ride. I'm in the same boat with a 2010 GT. I've invested much time, effort and funds on my Stang and it's exactly what I want.. with more power.. so I am finding it near impossible to let it go for a 5.0 which I can easily hang with if its stock.. either way, I should've cooled my jets and refocused on the bigger picture I had in mind.. now,.... a rock and a hard place... bitter sweet, but I do love the absolute crap outta my ride and smile every time I see it or drive it..
I know it's so hard! But I have a friend who's planning on buying my car so I think I'm just gonna suck it up and look into a terminator
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.