Originally Posted by RockChalkRR
So I'm pretty sure I'm having issues with my alternator, but I figured I'd get some opinions. With the car running and lights on, the right side lights are extremely dim and I can't give the car gas at all. Was able to limp home with my headlights off. Exhaust smelled like straight sulfur at first. Check engine light is on.
Am I right thinking my alternator is toast?
Thats weird that only the right side..Was the battery dead when you got home..If you smell sulfur real bad,,your harming the catalytic converter..You can take a meter and put across the battery while its running,,it should be around mid 13 to 14 volts