Mustang Evolution Forum banner

CAI

Tags
cai
3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Herbstang 
#1 ·
Wow, these CAI's have a lot of parts that go with it. Thats all I have to say. be on in like a day after I put it together:uhh:.

#9 ·
Haha, I was a little ambiguous with that first statement...I take it you haven't done much on a vehicle before.

I remember putting the CAI on my old car scared I was gonna screw something up the whole time. Now I'll yank it off in a few seconds and get down to what I need to do.

Basically, things on a car for the most part make sense in how they go together. If you put something together or start to put something on the car and it doesn't make sense....take a few steps back and look at where you messed up.

So the real question is, is this a fenderwell intake or a RAI type?

#10 ·
Well, I wasn't scared that I was going to mess up I just wanted my dad to help me. I noticed that there were some parts that needed 2 people or one person with four arms to do so I needed a "guiding light" you could say. Oh and it's the RAI style, it does not go into the fenderwall. I like it looks sexy, give me a CB.

#12 ·
Well aren't we talented !! Not ever one has the knowledge or has done work on there mustang simple projects can seem major Nice work Mustang GT HO

#13 ·
the problem comes in when it is a DD... my biggest concern (with my DD) is will ALL the parts be there or do i have to run to the damn store... im the kind of person who has a stack of every part imaginable when i do stuff... like building a motor... why stop in the middle because you dont have plasti-gage...

#14 ·
you should be able to do it in a half hour. The first one I did (with only oil change experience) took 30 minutes. Like lowflyn said, now I could do it in 3 or 4, depending on the screw tabs. Just take your time, it all makes sense.

Remember to unplug sensors before removing stock, and plug back in on the CAI. As was said, bent part on top. Then a straight part... and then depending on model, another bent portion on the bottom. Between all of those, you'll have rubber tubing. I believe you'll also have to reuse part of your stock intake (has a sensor), and there should be some sort of gasket? I can't remember. But it goes together real fast.

#15 ·
I got it on in like 5 minutes hahahaha, but I had a problem putting the damn thing together. Since I got the heat shield I had to affix all of the screws and some didn't fit, but yeah I got it on 2 weeks ago or so. And thanks Herb I appreciate it, it's the first thing I have ever done to a car before.

#16 ·
No Problem !!! Truth be told when I installed my CAI I was a bit confused My worest install was the bullit petals They were a *****

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.