Car dies - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Car dies

I've noticed that when I'm driving and I brake sometimes the car will stall out on me. I'm not sure what this could be. It only does it when it's cold out. If anyone could throw some suggestions my way it'd be greatly appreciated.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supersnake4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 160
Air idle control valve same thing happend to my car easy fix
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake4.6
Air idle control valve same thing happend to my car easy fix
Thank you. How much did it cost you to fix
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
I've noticed that when I'm driving and I brake sometimes the car will stall out on me. I'm not sure what this could be. It only does it when it's cold out. If anyone could throw some suggestions my way it'd be greatly appreciated.
Is it a manual or auto?..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supersnake4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 160
I believe there around 45 bucks at autozone but font quote me on that lol
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake4.6
Air idle control valve same thing happend to my car easy fix
Ok so it's roughly a 50$ part should I replace the tps at the same time?
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supersnake4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 160
If you want to be carfull if it the stock throttle body ford uses lock tight on there tps. It's a pain to get it off when I installed my bbk 78 mm I have to but a new one
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Thanks ill be careful if I do this

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake4.6
If you want to be carfull if it the stock throttle body ford uses lock tight on there tps. It's a pain to get it off when I installed my bbk 78 mm I have to but a new one
Thanks for the help bud. By the way sweet ride you got there
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supersnake4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 160
Ha no prob man and thank you awesome looking stang yourself
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake4.6
Ha no prob man and thank you awesome looking stang yourself
Thank you very much she's my pride and joy haha. Treats me better than any woman ever lmao

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

Is it a manual or auto?..
Manual
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supersnake4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 160
Oh yes lol people call me crazy how much I love my car haha "no back talk" is amazing
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake4.6
Oh yes lol people call me crazy how much I love my car haha "no back talk" is amazing
Haha that and the car doesn't care if you have another woman in your life lmfao
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supersnake4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 160
Ha hahahah true true
Supersnake4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
I've noticed that when I'm driving and I brake sometimes the car will stall out on me. I'm not sure what this could be. It only does it when it's cold out. If anyone could throw some suggestions my way it'd be greatly appreciated.
Just a suggestion. Before going out and spending $50 on the aic try some carb and choke cleaner. Spray the crap out of it. I had the same problem on my 98 and it worked. Especially if its just occasional. Mine was bad enough I had to drive with one foot on the gas all the time and it was a stick. It wouldn't idle without me keeping the rpms up.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony

Just a suggestion. Before going out and spending $50 on the aic try some carb and choke cleaner. Spray the crap out of it. I had the same problem on my 98 and it worked. Especially if its just occasional. Mine was bad enough I had to drive with one foot on the gas all the time and it was a stick. It wouldn't idle without me keeping the rpms up.
Where would I spray this onto?
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775

Where would I spray this onto?
Spray it through both side of the aic. Through the holes. I even had some one get in and crank up the car and sprayed the inside of the Plenum where the aic connects to.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Sounds like something ill do before shelling out 50$
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
Sounds like something ill do before shelling out 50$
Good luck. Like I said it worked for me.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Thanks a ton bud
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
Thanks a ton bud
No problem. Let us know what happened.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
I will do it may be next Friday before I get paid though so just stay patient haha. She has almost 200 thousand on her. If I'm lucky she will not be too much of a hassle as long as I treat her right haha. But if this does happen I can easily just go to a junk yard and get another engine for her.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
second the air idled control value.
jranaudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Israel98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775
I will do it may be next Friday before I get paid though so just stay patient haha. She has almost 200 thousand on her. If I'm lucky she will not be too much of a hassle as long as I treat her right haha. But if this does happen I can easily just go to a junk yard and get another engine for her.
Barrett775 let me know what you came up with about your mustang. I have the exact problem on my 98 gt just started about 4 days ago now. It has 78k miles but idk how it just could fail. The previous owner had it on premium gas but I bought a new filter and tank to put unlead back in it. I already cleaned the egr valve. Thnks
Israel98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barrett775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel98

Barrett775 let me know what you came up with about your mustang. I have the exact problem on my 98 gt just started about 4 days ago now. It has 78k miles but idk how it just could fail. The previous owner had it on premium gas but I bought a new filter and tank to put unlead back in it. I already cleaned the egr valve. Thnks
I will do bud.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:46 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.