Want More Hp on My Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Westminster
Region: Colorado
Posts: 23
Want More Hp on My Stang

see if anyone can give me idea's on gettin more hp out of my stang little bye little it's my first car had it for 9 months now it's an 04 Gt auto with about 46.000 miles on her she has intake accel super pack coils I have catted x pipe with no mufflers n 4inch tips for exhaust I have 3.73s gears going n her that's my next project but I was tryin to see what else I can do bump more hp she ran about a 15.7 on the track I wanna go for 14 at least next summer before I supercharger her Thanx..
Nephewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
It all depends on how much you want to spend. I would start out with a tune, Throttle Body. But if you are going to supercharge it then you should start to build the motor so you can run more boost.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Westminster
Region: Colorado
Posts: 23
yea I figured it's gonna be awhile before I supercharge her I got save up lol I wanna start off with little things how much will the tuner put me at and I wanna put headers next and do underdrive pulleys help much...?
Nephewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
A tuner will free up a lot of power, increase throttle response and shift points and firmness. The under drive pullies will also help... And for headers, the best you can get for power is LTs
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephewz
see if anyone can give me idea's on gettin more hp out of my stang little bye little it's my first car had it for 9 months now it's an 04 Gt auto with about 46.000 miles on her she has intake accel super pack coils I have catted x pipe with no mufflers n 4inch tips for exhaust I have 3.73s gears going n her that's my next project but I was tryin to see what else I can do bump more hp she ran about a 15.7 on the track I wanna go for 14 at least next summer before I supercharger her Thanx..
I have a '04 GT auto and I average 14.2 in the 1/4 mile on street tires!.. I have a CAI, 75mm TB with matching upper plenum and Steeda TB Spacer, MSD Coils, UD Pullies, DiabloSport Tune, O/R X-pipe, and CherryBomb Vortex Cat Back exhaust!.. And I have stock gears!..

Hope this helps ya a bit!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
M97cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 74
Enlarged whole new throttle body sct chip and tune 91 octane gas are cams worth doin on a v6?
M97cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Westminster
Region: Colorado
Posts: 23
is the hand held tuner better then the chip..? or are they the same thing..? an can I just throw new cams on her or do I need to bulid the motor shes a 4.6
Nephewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephewz View Post
is the hand held tuner better then the chip..? or are they the same thing..? an can I just throw new cams on her or do I need to bulid the motor shes a 4.6
Don't even think about chips, they are useless. All the gains you see from chips on the internet are fake, get a handheld tuner. But if you really want a good tune then go get a custom dyno tune. Other than that, American Muscle sells the SCT tuner with BAMA tunes, they are very good and reliable, and you get unlimited tunes for life. And you can get cams without building it... Most people will go heads and cams at the same time. Stage 1 cams should be able to go right in, stage 2 you will most likely need the valve springs, and stage 3 has such a hassle you won't want to get unless you are running high rpms for your power instead of low torque, you also have to modify the heads to get them to fit.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Don't even think about chips, they are useless. All the gains you see from chips on the internet are fake, get a handheld tuner. But if you really want a good tune then go get a custom dyno tune. Other than that, American Muscle sells the SCT tuner with BAMA tunes, they are very good and reliable, and you get unlimited tunes for life. And you can get cams without building it... Most people will go heads and cams at the same time. Stage 1 cams should be able to go right in, stage 2 you will most likely need the valve springs, and stage 3 has such a hassle you won't want to get unless you are running high rpms for your power instead of low torque, you also have to modify the heads to get them to fit.
They're talking about the sct chip which does the same thing as a tuner. They aren't fake and have real gains, but you have to send it in to have it retuned.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

They're talking about the sct chip which does the same thing as a tuner. They aren't fake and have real gains, but you have to send it in to have it retuned.
I would suggest a handheld tuner over a chip!.. Because you can data log with them, returning your car is easier, and you can use them as code scanners!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Save the money and go big. Don't nickel and dime it.
jranaudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:29 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.