Power Door Locks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Power Door Locks

My car has the interior power door locks, but neither side works. All the other buttons do though. Also if I have those does it meat the car came with a key remote? I really haven't put much effort into figuring this out, but any help would be appreciated.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
My car has the interior power door locks, but neither side works. All the other buttons do though. Also if I have those does it meat the car came with a key remote? I really haven't put much effort into figuring this out, but any help would be appreciated.
I'd check fuses, then the switch connections, and then maybe you'll have a better idea if it's a bad switch or something else.
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM

I'd check fuses, then the switch connections, and then maybe you'll have a better idea if it's a bad switch or something else.
It's not the fuse. For the switch connections would I have to take the door panel apart
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
It's not the fuse. For the switch connections would I have to take the door panel apart
That's probably the direction i'd head in then, you might have something as simple as a bad connection. It could have corrosion on the plug, a loose connection, or it may be a windows switch that's faulty. I'd take them apart and check, and make sure you check both sides before swapping out switches, as it might have a bad circuit causing the failure (one side being disconnected). You could try some CRC Contact cleaner spray on them even, it's designed for cleaning electrical connections and is safe to use on them. I know Advanced Auto Parts carries it, and most other places should as well.
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT