99-01 Cobra vs 03-04 Mach 1 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Get a Mach.
03fastblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yea I recommend the mach too, My old 99 gave me so much trouble with the irs at the 1/4 mile , it broke on me twice with dr's, and at the end a blown head gasket, which is a very common problem in the 99's, so if u want to go faster in a straight line just get the mach, u won't have to worry about breaking your axles and I actually couldn't tell the difference in comfort between My mach sra and My old cobra irs
99redbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99redbeast
Yea I recommend the mach too, My old 99 gave me so much trouble with the irs at the 1/4 mile , it broke on me twice with dr's, and at the end a blown head gasket, which is a very common problem in the 99's, so if u want to go faster in a straight line just get the mach, u won't have to worry about breaking your axles and I actually couldn't tell the difference in comfort between My mach sra and My old cobra irs
+1. I've never liked that irs. It's not like the sra is that uncomfortable either.
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #39

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99Snake View Post
I will have to find that slip after i get moved. My car was stock minus the jlt cai and no mufflers. I have pulled some pretty good times and 60ft's. And im not saying cobras are the ultimate mustang. But with a very good prepped track and knowing how to drive your car is a different game. And driver mod is my specialty ive owned some cars that i never should have walked all over. But i personally prefer a irs cobra over a sra car any day. And wheel hop can be fixed with some radials. Ive never had hop with radials and i launch pretty hard on them and cut some 1.50's sixty foots without wheel hop. Machs are nice cars dont get me wrong. But it all comes down to you and what you like and can afford. But good luck with your hunt for a stang and take your time looking
yeah at the end of the day its all a matter of preference/pocket book, & i'll admit the cobras (SVT techs) were instrumental in the production of the mach in many ways. but IMO they did what they were supposed 2 do & built a better car. the 32 valve went through some design revisions, as well as being put into a better straight line setup. i have driven N/A cobras with stock IRS & a cobra IRS swapped mach, but it was nowhere near a stock setup which is useless without alot of money thrown at it(as you'll find out going forged & F/I) the mach might not have the SVT badge but i always thought it was the general consensus - mod 4 mod the mach 1 has an edge.
03 azure mach 1-JLT RAI with custom SS shroud,shaker air diverter,BBK TB,BBK shorty ceramic headers,BBk OR-x with custom cutouts,magnapacks,port & polish,full MM suspension,exedy stage2,mcleod hydraulic kit,steeda shifter,moser 31 splines, diff, & bearing kit,FRPP 3.73,welded tourque boxes & axle tubes,fidanzia FW & DS with hoop,powerslot 2-piece rotors,MT E/T slicks on track day
-78 ironhead stroker-76 cb500t caferacer-01 suzuki sv with spears 700cc kit-05 forester
philmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I love my cobra. No complaints here, it has yet to see the track or drag strip thought. Planning on making it a handling car since the power is good on it. I wanted to get a mach but I'm satisfied with the cobra and I like how you can see the exhaust pipes from the back

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT