02 GT Door lock wont work? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
02 GT Door lock wont work?

Pretty much what title says the Driver side door lock won't go up or down to lock. It tries but can't lol other Passenger side works fine. Is it just the motor?
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
Pretty much what title says the Driver side door lock won't go up or down to lock. It tries but can't lol other Passenger side works fine. Is it just the motor?
sounds like it, you could test the switch to see if indeed power is going to the lock
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vNomad

sounds like it, you could test the switch to see if indeed power is going to the lock
It's going to it like it goes down but not enough power so it dosent lock
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream

It's going to it like it goes down but not enough power so it dosent lock
Sounds like a motor issue
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Trickster929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Hawaii
Posts: 15
I have the same problem on my 00 GT but on mine it doesn't even look like it's trying to work. Just not locking/unlocking period.
Trickster929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Scream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Biloxi
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster929
I have the same problem on my 00 GT but on mine it doesn't even look like it's trying to work. Just not locking/unlocking period.
Ima change my motor after Christmas maybe your motor is just done
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
32vNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream

Ima change my motor after Christmas maybe your motor is just done
When I get home today, I'll put up the diagram for that circuit.
32vNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Clutch ? | Help »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:02 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.