Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Misfire in cylinder 4

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  garbill2003 
#1 ·
01 bullitt has a misfire in cylinder 4. I know it could be the plug or the coils but what is the basic procedure for figuring out which one it is?

#7 ·
Balltaatic01 said:
I never had but I've only had the car for about 1500 miles. The guy who had it before me took good care of the car so it's not unreasonable to think he had changed them before but I don't know for sure if he ever did.
I would do it anyway. Change all plugs and boots or wires. If there are original they should have paint on top of the plug

#10 ·
I would see if any coolant is in the spark plug cylinder then it could be related to the nipple on the manifold to the heater lines

#13 ·
jjsg09 said:
Hey just a warning, when changing the spark plugs on these cars there is a very specific way to doing them or you can cause some bad damage. They're notorious for spark plugs to blow out of the head.
+1

#14 ·
jjsg09 said:
Hey just a warning, when changing the spark plugs on these cars there is a very specific way to doing them or you can cause some bad damage. They're notorious for spark plugs to blow out of the head.
Use some anti-seize lubricant as well as dielectric grease. It's usually in little grey and orange Permatex packets by the register.

#16 ·
A miracle.....lol. i would suggest a swivel adapter and some 6 in extensions

#18 ·
I changed the plug. There wasn't any fluid or anything around it. Put it all back together,it started fine but still sounded like it was misfiring. Pulled the coil off while it was running and nothing happened. Ideas? Prolly the coil but I've also head where it could be a clogged fuel injector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.