K&N Cold Air Intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
GHO5T5NIPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 476
K&N Cold Air Intake

Hey guys just installed a K&N CAI in my 02.. Tell me what you think!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2137605466.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	568.0 KB
ID:	78847
GHO5T5NIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
Hey guys just installed a K&N CAI in my 02.. Tell me what you think!
I have the same one it really helps to upgrade the throttle body and plenum too. I love the whistle it puts off.
Ryan7racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GHO5T5NIPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan7racin

I have the same one it really helps to upgrade the throttle body and plenum too. I love the whistle it puts off.
Idk why but I havnt noticed much difference at all in the sound.. I had just a k&n filter in before with stock intake. I can't really tell much difference
GHO5T5NIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Ryan7racin is right, to really maximize your airflow you should get a new throttle body and upper intake plenum
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vmcgrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eprise
Region: Alabama
Posts: 354
How do people but on two cold air intake? Like I seen cars when it on both passenger and driver side in the hood
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmcgrath View Post
How do people but on two cold air intake? Like I seen cars when it on both passenger and driver side in the hood
Have u seen it on a mustang? If so i wouldn't recommend it loss of power mostly on one of our cars however on an lt1 can be done since tb isnt to a side its straight foward. Maybe on a 2005-up gt cause the tb is facing foward then it could be done
__________________
1996 Mustang GT, 17x9 front and 17x10.5 cobra r replica rims, 255/40/17 front 285/40/17 rear at the moment,
o/r x-pipe flow master 40 series dump downs, cai/ram intake, 75mm c&l throttle body and plenum, pi heads and intake swap, msd wires, stock gears, untuned at the moment, no dyno numbers for now.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
Idk why but I havnt noticed much difference at all in the sound.. I had just a k&n filter in before with stock intake. I can't really tell much difference
well that's why you didn't notice a difference...our stock air boxes function just as well as a CAI when you add in a high flow drop in filter...it's mainly a engine clean up mod to get a CAI
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vmcgrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eprise
Region: Alabama
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post

Have u seen it on a mustang? If so i wouldn't recommend it loss of power mostly on one of our cars however on an lt1 can be done since tb isnt to a side its straight foward. Maybe on a 2005-up gt cause the tb is facing foward then it could be done
This is what I was talking about I saw this pic and wanted to know if I could do it to mustang

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2140763684.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	81914
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmcgrath View Post

This is what I was talking about I saw this pic and wanted to know if I could do it to mustang
Thats a twin turbo setup..........yes it can be done to any mustang
__________________
1996 Mustang GT, 17x9 front and 17x10.5 cobra r replica rims, 255/40/17 front 285/40/17 rear at the moment,
o/r x-pipe flow master 40 series dump downs, cai/ram intake, 75mm c&l throttle body and plenum, pi heads and intake swap, msd wires, stock gears, untuned at the moment, no dyno numbers for now.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
cold air intake

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:52 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.