Fuel pressure? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Fuel pressure?

Hey guys I can't keep fuel pressure any ideas?
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright View Post
Hey guys I can't keep fuel pressure any ideas?
Anyone???
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
http://www.ehow.com/how_4508648_chec...d-mustang.html
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Yah man this really ain't helpful, because key on its to high, bleed off pressure then it never returns... I have replace filter, fuel pump, power control module etc.. It will get fuel @first start but quickly sputters out. The fuel pump driver module is the only thing I can think of that is bad because its not keeping pressure... I just thought maybe Someone else could help? It just blows my mind trouble shooting all this and still same problem... I have put a lot if money trying to figure this electrical system out for this fuel pressure issue... Sorry...
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Might just have a bad pump even though it's new
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
Might just have a bad pump even though it's new
Funny you say that because the guy @ auto parts store said they get a lot of them back. I should of known right then and there that was a sad day kinda sign but I was desperate and I still am I have been with out my pony for 2 weeks now because of work & school. It's wearing me out. To the point to where I'm about to say 00' mustang for sale I seriously can't put anymore money I'm it... But the brand is "AIRTEX" with a walbro pump in the assembly? Know anything about "AIRTEX"???

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Is there a way to test it without taking it back out of the tank or even dropping the tank?

You every have that feeling like your car is running outta gas? Like its gonna just sputter out and die? Because that's the symptom it has.
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
That's usually a good brand, but I went through 3 bbk pumps before I finally just bought an svt focus pump
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
That's usually a good brand, but I went through 3 bbk pumps before I finally just bought an svt focus pump
Yah how would I tell its bad though???
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Can you hear it when you turn the key on? Does it make a good steady sound, even after you start it
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mathew r Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
Can you hear it when you turn the key on? Does it make a good steady sound, even after you start it
I don't know?
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
When you turn the key over to just on position before it starts you should be able to hear a humming or whining noise comin from the trunk, if it's real steady and noticeable even after you start the car then I'd say it's prolly not it.... Only other way would be to call the company and see if they will send you another 1 then put it in and see if that fixes it
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.