X pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
X pipe

I'm going with o/r x pipe but what one to get? I see alot with bbk and some with upr...what's better and is there even a Differnce?!
Sonicblue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Bassani
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Bassani
+1000000000000
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That's too much money though
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11 View Post
I'm going with o/r x pipe but what one to get? I see alot with bbk and some with upr...what's better and is there even a Differnce?!
When your going with an Road Mid Pipe, brand doesn't mean anything!.. I've got a O/R X-pipe from Pypes and it's been on there for just over 4 years, fits perfectly and zero problems!.. Put it this way, it's really just a tube!.. So it don't mater what name is on it, it will perform and sound the same!..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Now I know some one will probably come on here and say, "that's not true!.. This brand here is better because______!...."
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

When your going with an Road Mid Pipe, brand doesn't mean anything!.. I've got a O/R X-pipe from Pypes and it's been on there for just over 4 years, fits perfectly and zero problems!.. Put it this way, it's really just a tube!.. So it don't mater what name is on it, it will perform and sound the same!..

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Now I know some one will probably come on here and say, "that's not true!.. This brand here is better because______!...."
This is true if it fits get it I just said bassani bc I know they have good fit ment
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

Very true! I know they sound the same but I was just testing the waters
Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

This is true if it fits get it I just said bassani bc I know they have good fit ment
They do have good fitment!.. But they are over priced a bit!.. When I got my X-pipe I only paid about $100 for it!.. I think the next cheapest one was SLP and they wanted almost $200 for theirs!.. But that was also 4 years ago!..
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
When going with exhaust, spend that little extra... Bassani is SOOOOO worth the money!!!!!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
When going with exhaust, spend that little extra... Bassani is SOOOOO worth the money!!!!!
For just a piece of pipe no it's not!.. All your doing in this case is paying for a name!.. An O/R X-pipe is an O/R X-pipe!.. There is no difference in them!..
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

+1,000,000
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yea it really is just some bended pipe with a name ... And I it doesn't fit that's what the return policy is for lol
KRONOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to go with bbk
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Actually BBK and bassani sound the same but sound different than upr... They're all very similar but different in ways...
1) I've heard BBK isn't a true x pipe because it doesn't actually crossover like upr.. Idk if that's true tho.
2) BBK and bassani have a chamber like piece in the "crossover" which makes it sound different. Look up vids on YouTube it has a really hollow sound to it versus a little more rasp on the upr.
3) I wouldn't recommend BBK cause I used to have a BBK x pipe and the way they're built they hang down really low. I'm not the only one either.. Before my car was lowered I was scraping with that thing. So I got a upr 2 years ago it's awesome
02NightmareGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Does UPR only sell X pipes? I haven't come across any H pipes
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT View Post
Actually BBK and bassani sound the same but sound different than upr... They're all very similar but different in ways...
1) I've heard BBK isn't a true x pipe because it doesn't actually crossover like upr.. Idk if that's true tho.
2) BBK and bassani have a chamber like piece in the "crossover" which makes it sound different. Look up vids on YouTube it has a really hollow sound to it versus a little more rasp on the upr.
3) I wouldn't recommend BBK cause I used to have a BBK x pipe and the way they're built they hang down really low. I'm not the only one either.. Before my car was lowered I was scraping with that thing. So I got a upr 2 years ago it's awesome
Maybe I should go with upr haha I like the way it looks too! And it's cheaper! Did you have any problems putting it up?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLbxO143
Does UPR only sell X pipes? I haven't come across any H pipes
Yea pretty sure they only sell x pipes

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11

Maybe I should go with upr haha I like the way it looks too! And it's cheaper! Did you have any problems putting it up?
Had to cut and weld in one spot but it only took a second.. Fits great and sounds great. Good price too
02NightmareGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a upr x pipe and the only problem was taking off the factory h pipe the passenger bolt on the manifold is surely a pain in the a$$!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02NightmareGT View Post

Yea pretty sure they only sell x pipes

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Had to cut and weld in one spot but it only took a second.. Fits great and sounds great. Good price too
What part of it did you have to cut?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty426 View Post

I have a upr x pipe and the only problem was taking off the factory h pipe the passenger bolt on the manifold is surely a pain in the a$$!!!
Did you have to do any modifications to make it fit?!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My bassani x pipe fit flawlessly. Only thing I'd recommend is to zip tie the wires that hang down so they won't get too hot and melt.
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I had to Use 4 washers on each of the passenger manifold bolts because they ran out of thread to close the gap between the manifold and the x pipe that was about it no big deal I did have to cut a socket in half for clearance as well but other than that it wasn't to bad
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I had to Use 4 washers on each of the passenger manifold bolts because they ran out of thread to close the gap between the manifold and the x pipe that was about it no big deal I did have to cut a socket in half for clearance as well but other than that it wasn't to bad
What socket did you cut? Sorry for all the questions I just want to know my **** when i put it on
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I believe it was a 15mm

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Deep socket** I just cut it just a tad longer than a short socket
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I believe it was a 15mm

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Deep socket** I just cut it just a tad longer than a short socket
Oh hahaha I didn't know you meant that, I can't wait for it man, I'm running slp lm1 atm with my stock mid pipe, I wonder how loud it will be haha
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh hahaha I didn't know you meant that, I can't wait for it man, I'm running slp lm1 atm with my stock mid pipe, I wonder how loud it will be haha
Lol and im running Slp lm1's as well and its crazy loud put a grin on my face for a week! Lmao defiantly a head turner u will love it to death if u like loud
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol and im running Slp lm1's as well and its crazy loud put a grin on my face for a week! Lmao defiantly a head turner u will love it to death if u like loud
Yeah man I love it loud, especially when she screams past 4k! How is the idle?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Idle is a poppy rumble love it! Cold starts are a bit choppy but once its warm it sounds great
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idle is a poppy rumble love it! Cold starts are a bit choppy but once its warm it sounds great
Haha I can't wait man, ****s going to be insane!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I can't wait man, ****s going to be insane!
Yessir just be careful not to strip the bolt near the starter... mine was pretty chipped up lol go to Ur local parts store and pick up all new ones (4) and learn to love pb blaster u will need it lol also disconnect the battery I endured one crazy a$$ shock from the starter lol
Old 12-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yessir just be careful not to strip the bolt near the starter... mine was pretty chipped up lol go to Ur local parts store and pick up all new ones (4) and learn to love pb blaster u will need it lol also disconnect the battery I endured one crazy a$$ shock from the starter lol
Haha pb blaster is my best friend when it comes to bolts! And yeah getting new bots is a good idea
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicblue11

I just put on pypes o/r h on and wow it's so much louder

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT