New rim scare - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Hey guys I'm close to buying my new tires and rims for the back of my car...I'm kinds scare that my car will look silly with brand new back rims and old front rims.... Will it be a bad difference. They are in very good condition I'm just worried
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
svilla00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Hey guys I'm close to buying my new tires and rims for the back of my car...I'm kinds scare that my car will look silly with brand new back rims and old front rims.... Will it be a bad difference. They are in very good condition I'm just worried
As long as they are the same type of rim I don't see that being bad.
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by svilla00

As long as they are the same type of rim I don't see that being bad.
Haha they are...just very nervous about it
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
svilla00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Haha they are...just very nervous about it
I wouldn't worry, when I smashed up my old car I got new rears and I could tell the difference
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by svilla00

I wouldn't worry, when I smashed up my old car I got new rears and I could tell the difference
Lol could tell the difference?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Finrdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DHS
Region: California
Posts: 95
just make sure that you clean the front wheels to make it look the same as the shiny new ones. Had a similar experience with a Toyota. I got it done at night and it looked the same, but in the morning I saw all of the grime and brake dust on the old rims.
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrdz
just make sure that you clean the front wheels to make it look the same as the shiny new ones. Had a similar experience with a Toyota. I got it done at night and it looked the same, but in the morning I saw all of the grime and brake dust on the old rims.
Haha I clean mine every 3 days
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Finrdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DHS
Region: California
Posts: 95
I have never liked cleaning my cars until i got my mustang. i can definitely see myself getting to that. i have had my car 6 days and i have washed it twice
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrdz
I have never liked cleaning my cars until i got my mustang. i can definitely see myself getting to that. i have had my car 6 days and i have washed it twice
Haha nice.. It'll turn into an obsession
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Finrdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DHS
Region: California
Posts: 95
its just so shiny lol I have had some nice older project cars, but this is the first new nice car
Finrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
svilla00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Lol could tell the difference?
Couldn't * lol sorry stupid iPhone....
svilla00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by svilla00

Couldn't * lol sorry stupid iPhone....
Haha I was like wtf!
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
LAS97GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spring Lake
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrdz
just make sure that you clean the front wheels to make it look the same as the shiny new ones. Had a similar experience with a Toyota. I got it done at night and it looked the same, but in the morning I saw all of the grime and brake dust on the old rims.
Or paint the old one with a clear coat finish. Kinda make it look like a new fad. Lol.
__________________
---Las97GT
LAS97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
I did this and had to buy another two wheels. The factory bullitt wheels where a darker shade and didnt match. Whoever you buy them off of ask first and see if they match factory wheels.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09
I did this and had to buy another two wheels. The factory bullitt wheels where a darker shade and didnt match. Whoever you buy them off of ask first and see if they match factory wheels.
I have fr500's from AM xD I think they'll be the same shade
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

I have fr500's from AM xD I think they'll be the same shade
Yea just checking
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.