SR Performance CAI?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
SR Performance CAI??

So i was looking into the SR Performance Blackout CAI at american muscle and was wondering if anyone has it and how they like it.

( SR Performance Blackout Cold Air Intake (96-04 Mustang GT) - Free Shipping! )
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
All CAI are practically the same performance wise. Some will say the metal ones heat up and defeats the purpose of CAI and some will say that the more curves the more restrictive it is. Unless ur pushing really big hp, you will never notice a difference. As far as fitment, I'm sure it will fit fine. Seems like a lot of people are buying SR performance parts from AM. They haven't had their parts long but already their parts are getting a bunch of good comments on AMs website. At the price AM has them listed, they're hard to pass up! I'm considering a few SR parts myself

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by buickregal79 View Post
So i was looking into the SR Performance Blackout CAI at american muscle and was wondering if anyone has it and how they like it.

( SR Performance Blackout Cold Air Intake (96-04 Mustang GT) - Free Shipping! )
The SR Performance CAI is an awesome set up. It's very affordable and will generate awesome results! This Stack Racing Cold Air Intake kit completely replaces the restrictive stock factory air box and paper filter element in your 1996-2004 4.6 GT mustang with a high flow filter assembly for a noticeable increase in horsepower and throttle response all while still filtering out harmful power robbing dust particles. This SR CAI pulls cooler denser air from inside the inner fender well to make more power that you can feel.

I hope this helps! I'm looking forward to seeing some of our customers experiences.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the help guys i in all honestly am looking to get it not for performance but for the looks, i think i looks like a cleaner set up, but i just wanted to be sure it was a good product before i got it. And yes the price is hard to beat that and it being powder coated black! I love it!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by buickregal79 View Post
Thanks for the help guys i in all honestly am looking to get it not for performance but for the looks, i think i looks like a cleaner set up, but i just wanted to be sure it was a good product before i got it. And yes the price is hard to beat that and it being powder coated black! I love it!
I always purchased CAI's for two reasons, The looks and the power gains! It sounds like the SR performance intake is definitely a great fit for what you're after.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Give me a break--what a crock...

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickregal79
I bought this exact intake myself. Performance wise not much difference than stock. The product itself was poorly made and was bent everywhere. The plate where the MAF goes was so out of shape I had to get a hammer to make it as straight as possible, like it should have been in the first place, to have my MAF sit accordingly. Jus careful on install it scratches very easily.
charlie03fastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
WOW!!! +30 HP....... I'm with Cliffy on this. Its a bunch of bs. CAI adding that much HP is not likely. I'm willing to bet the car they tested it on had more than just that CAI on it.
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95v686gt View Post
WOW!!! +30 HP....... I'm with Cliffy on this. Its a bunch of bs. CAI adding that much HP is not likely. I'm willing to bet the car they tested it on had more than just that CAI on it.
They always test out their stuff with tunes from bama
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

If it scratches easy then its not powder coated, which sucks! And yeah i dont think it adds horsepower just wanted it for a cleaner looks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
cai