Need an idea - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Need an idea

I wanting around 500rwhp. I know it will involve engine work but I dont know what that's why I'm asking. My plan is twin screw or on3 I have around 8k to play with. Someone give me some ideas please
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Speed_Mister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Arkansas
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,220
I'd stay N/A route. You can get cold air intake, 78mm throttle body and plenum, pi manifold swap, heads, big cam, long tube headers with x-pipe off road(no cats), exhaust, under drive pulleys, dyno jet tune it, get bigger injectors, and a better fuel pump for more fuel, delete ac pulley to get more extra horsepower that'll put you around 470ish rwhp
__________________
2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt Ons
370rwhp 470rwtq
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
I vote FI....but i recommend looking into a centri. ;
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post
I wanting around 500rwhp. I know it will involve engine work but I dont know what that's why I'm asking. My plan is twin screw or on3 I have around 8k to play with. Someone give me some ideas please
On3 turbo would make the most power
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
If you can do all the work yourself, then you can go with the On3 Turbo and do both heads and cams for all under $8,000!.. And that will put you at about 500hp!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
If you can do all the work yourself, then you can go with the On3 Turbo and do both heads and cams for all under $8,000!.. And that will put you at about 500hp!..
What do I need done to heads like I don't know what to have done.
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post

What do I need done to heads like I don't know what to have done.
Trick flow heads with turbo cams
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

Trick flow heads with turbo cams
Where's a good place to buy these
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

Trick flow heads with turbo cams
+11. With Trick Flow!.. And at least stage 2 cams!..

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post

Where's a good place to buy these
Check out American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

+11. With Trick Flow!.. And at least stage 2 cams!..

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------



Check out American Muscle and CJ Pony Parts!..
I didn't see trick flow heads on there unless I over looked it and does anything need to be done to the bottom end of motor
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt View Post

I didn't see trick flow heads on there unless I over looked it and does anything need to be done to the bottom end of motor
There site at times needs some navigating through!.. Lol. You can also get ahold of the AM reps on this forum too!.. They will help you out!.. As for the bottom end, you'll need to beef that up eventually!.. But that also depends on how much Boost you want to push right now too!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

There site at times needs some navigating through!.. Lol. You can also get ahold of the AM reps on this forum too!.. They will help you out!.. As for the bottom end, you'll need to beef that up eventually!.. But that also depends on how much Boost you want to push right now too!..
I found them on cjpony but I do like AM much better
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
2000_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

There site at times needs some navigating through!.. Lol. You can also get ahold of the AM reps on this forum too!.. They will help you out!.. As for the bottom end, you'll need to beef that up eventually!.. But that also depends on how much Boost you want to push right now too!..
I found them on cjpony but I do like AM much better
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
I'd stay N/A route. You can get cold air intake, 78mm throttle body and plenum, pi manifold swap, heads, big cam, long tube headers with x-pipe off road(no cats), exhaust, under drive pulleys, dyno jet tune it, get bigger injectors, and a better fuel pump for more fuel, delete ac pulley to get more extra horsepower that'll put you around 470ish rwhp
Um I don't know what planet you're on but nobody is gonna get 470rwhp out of full bolt-ons....
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

Um I don't know what planet you're on but nobody is gonna get 470rwhp out of full bolt-ons....
Maybe 350 at the most
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Mmr and summit are cheaper usually.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

Maybe 350 at the most
Closer to 310 I would say
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.