Qai tubular k member/aarms - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Qai tubular k member/aarms

I know this says off road use but could i use it on the road? Where can i find one that can be used on the road?
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Maximum motorsports is the only one I think that actually says can be used for daily driving... Ive had my qa1 for 3 years now and till this past year I drove the piss out of it all the time and never have had any problems
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What happened to it
Now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I believe he blew the motor a lil while back and that's why he's not driving it. Not sure tho.

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Had MM k member on my gt great thing to have
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang
What happened to it
Now?
Bad tune and boost... Dropped a valve and locked the engine up
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ohh but u didnt have issues due to the k member right? Im jw if this would be okay to run on the street.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post
Ohh but u didnt have issues due to the k member right? Im jw if this would be okay to run on the street.
I'd say you'd be okay you may see it lift the engine a little higher, or move the front wheels forward. But if you have adjustable arms then there are ways around it.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

quick question to ppl with aftermarket k members...what k member can i use on my 98 gt and dont have to get coil overs or relocate my oil filter??? thanks in advance
RepumSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepumSN95
quick question to ppl with aftermarket k members...what k member can i use on my 98 gt and dont have to get coil overs or relocate my oil filter??? thanks in advance
AM has a 90 degree adapter thing the makes it easier to get to. If that helps

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't have to move my oil filter with my qa1... And you can reuse your factory a arms so you can run the stock spring and strut, or buy the kit that comes with everything including sleeves so you can use factory style struts and still have coilovers
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post
I didn't have to move my oil filter with my qa1... And you can reuse your factory a arms so you can run the stock spring and strut, or buy the kit that comes with everything including sleeves so you can use factory style struts and still have coilovers
Hey Corey I'm new around here I got the granatelli kmember kit with the coilovers my rims hit my coilovers did u have that problem and I had to cut my tie rods to be able to get an Alinement because it pulled my rims in like an inch on both sides got 18x9 saleen rims on front and got caster camber plates
The grim reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The grim reaper

Hey Corey I'm new around here I got the granatelli kmember kit with the coilovers my rims hit my coilovers did u have that problem and I had to cut my tie rods to be able to get an Alinement because it pulled my rims in like an inch on both sides got 18x9 saleen rims on front and got caster camber plates
All I had to do was just grind a Lil bit off of the tie rods, but I have 17s to... Weird though cause other than push my wheels to the front just a little bit, mines the same width as it was with the factory k and arms... Do you have the tubular a-arms or did you keep the factory?
Old 01-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Got the tubular control arms I don't get it either I looked and looked could not find anything like what I have going on I bought some 1/4inch spacers and it stopped it if the wheels are strait but if I turn the wheel from 12 oclock to 4 o'clock it rubs my wheels aren't pushed forward at all either and when u grinded your tie rods did u have to do both sides I did had to take an inch or so off both sides
Old 01-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I only had to do maybe a 1/4 inch off each side and the only time it rubbed was at full turn, which kmember and arms do you have
Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I only had to do maybe a 1/4 inch off each side and the only time it rubbed was at full turn, which kmember and arms do you have
Its all granateilli the k the arms and coilovers and the caster camber plates I bought all the same brand thinking it would fit better
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I've never messed with there stuff, I've always used qa1.... I'd give them a call and tell them what it's doing and what you've done to see if they have a fix
Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've never messed with there stuff, I've always used qa1.... I'd give them a call and tell them what it's doing and what you've done to see if they have a fix
Yea I emailed them but thanks a lot for the help I apreshate it
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

No problem man, let me know what they say, I'm really curious to why yours is set like it is
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Corey they have no ideal they said maybe I installed wrong and the guy was a smart *** about told me I should have had it installed it by a professional I told him I have be working on cars my whole life I'm not Ase certified but I can hold my own I measured from the front bumper to make sure it was strait and everything I will never buy anything from them ever again
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a PA racing tubular K member. I had their tubular A-arms to, but the rims, yes the inner rim would rub their A-arms at anything past about a 80% turn (meant no U-turns). But I just refurbished the stock A-arms with prothane bushings, steeda X2s and bump steer and I'm really happy with the car Now. Ohh and my K member has spring perches, obviously why I was able to re-use the stock A-arms. Car also shook badly at or above 90mph with the tubular A-arms, thus more of a reason to go back to stock. My oil filter is ok, a little tight, but still Abel to take off with no problem. So yes I gained another 10lbs or so but for a street car they feel more comfortable.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

My problem is that it hits the coilovers to the point if I had to turn hard it would spin the spring I can go lock out to lock out doesn't touch the arms in fact still have all most an inch I had guy tell me to get the adjustable arms because you can get then out more but I put my winter rims on now no rubbing at all I the I'm gonna get the one inch adapters hopefully that should fix it when I put my saleens back on
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull View Post
I have a PA racing tubular K member. I had their tubular A-arms to, but the rims, yes the inner rim would rub their A-arms at anything past about a 80% turn (meant no U-turns). But I just refurbished the stock A-arms with prothane bushings, steeda X2s and bump steer and I'm really happy with the car Now. Ohh and my K member has spring perches, obviously why I was able to re-use the stock A-arms. Car also shook badly at or above 90mph with the tubular A-arms, thus more of a reason to go back to stock. My oil filter is ok, a little tight, but still Abel to take off with no problem. So yes I gained another 10lbs or so but for a street car they feel more comfortable.
Hey bull did you change your cluster or just do the white face gages I wanna change mine I don't like the 35 anniversary cluster but I herd if you change it it won't start because of the security system unless u put the computer out of the car u get the cluster from
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by The grim reaper View Post
Hey bull did you change your cluster or just do the white face gages I wanna change mine I don't like the 35 anniversary cluster but I herd if you change it it won't start because of the security system unless u put the computer out of the car u get the cluster from
Up until about a year agoI posted in the 3.8l forum because this car was originally a V6. Then I found a 2000 GT donor and had all the Drivetrain stuff swapped in and now I have a GT. The gauges I have are Autometer Lunar V6 gauges. I seldom go faster than 120mph...lol and I kept these gauges because I think they are easier to read and look great with the larger numbers. Ohh and I didn't feel like forking out another $350-400 for more gauges. I like em.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT