Need help, bout to give up! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Need help, bout to give up!

been a while since i posted, ive been busy with a new job, moving, so forth and so on. so any way on to the point.

so the car is my 2004 gt 5sp. engine mods are, aem intake, 90mm lighting mass air flow, 70mm throttle boby and plentum, bbk off road x-pipe, flowmasters, and sct tuner tuned by bama. now this set up has been on the car for the better part of 2 years and has run flawlessly untell now with no codes what so ever, so dont tell me its the tune, ive heard enought of that!!
ford wont touch it and no one that i know really knows where to go from here. on to the issue.

so about 2 months ago, after the car had sat for about 2 weeks, i get in it to try and drive it and the car started (after extended start time) runs rough for about 30 seconds and then dies. go to start it again and it just turns over and nothing. so after so testing and getting the fuel guage on it, i had no pressure, even with the key on. So pump is bad right? well it was but thats beside the point. before i ever did the repair and the same time the pump issue started i got 5 codes;
p0443 - evap purge control valve
p0446 - evap vent control valve circuit
p0403 - egr control circuit
p0135 - o2 circuit b1s1
p0155 - o2 circuit b2s1

so anyway i changed the pump and the car runs fine, but the light is still on and i dont know what to do to kill it. i just cant imagine all these this wrong at one ( 1 reason is ive change the o2 sensors and the code came right back). im just stuck. here is the list of parts that have been changed;
fuel pump, fuel pump driver module - motocraft
o2 sensors - motorcraft
egr solnoid - ford

i think that is all i changed but i could be missing a thing or two. no i do work for a dealership, so the people that were helping me are knowledgeable, just not ford knowledgeable. so the issue at hand is the 5 codes are still on and wont go away. ive checked the vacuum hoses, and leaks and have found none, this i would think is electrical but i cant find it.

what do yall think?

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
My best suggestion for the evap codes would be to check with carburator cleaner, lightly spray it on the evap hoses and if the engine idles high when you do it then you have found your leak.

evap leaks can be a PITA to find but that's the easiest way I've ever seen it done.

small evap leak sounds like the most likely suspect to me, maybe someone else will have a better idea

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Buddy idk what to tell u maybe some one else can srry
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
My best suggestion for the evap codes would be to check with carburator cleaner, lightly spray it on the evap hoses and if the engine idles high when you do it then you have found your leak.

evap leaks can be a PITA to find but that's the easiest way I've ever seen it done.

small evap leak sounds like the most likely suspect to me, maybe someone else will have a better idea
ive sprayed front to back with caeb cleaner already. tried smoking it too and nothing on that end. someone said it could be the pcm which is why im unable to clear the codes.

as it sits right now if i clears the codes and restart the car, the codes immedatly come back.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

well ****... that was my only bright idea, sorry man

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Have you contacted AM?
rodrigo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Would a gas cap play a part? I'm no expert at all just a thought that went thru my head lol
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows View Post
been a while since i posted, ive been busy with a new job, moving, so forth and so on. so any way on to the point.

so the car is my 2004 gt 5sp. engine mods are, aem intake, 90mm lighting mass air flow, 70mm throttle boby and plentum, bbk off road x-pipe, flowmasters, and sct tuner tuned by bama. now this set up has been on the car for the better part of 2 years and has run flawlessly untell now with no codes what so ever, so dont tell me its the tune, ive heard enought of that!!
ford wont touch it and no one that i know really knows where to go from here. on to the issue.

so about 2 months ago, after the car had sat for about 2 weeks, i get in it to try and drive it and the car started (after extended start time) runs rough for about 30 seconds and then dies. go to start it again and it just turns over and nothing. so after so testing and getting the fuel guage on it, i had no pressure, even with the key on. So pump is bad right? well it was but thats beside the point. before i ever did the repair and the same time the pump issue started i got 5 codes;
p0443 - evap purge control valve
p0446 - evap vent control valve circuit
p0403 - egr control circuit
p0135 - o2 circuit b1s1
p0155 - o2 circuit b2s1

so anyway i changed the pump and the car runs fine, but the light is still on and i dont know what to do to kill it. i just cant imagine all these this wrong at one ( 1 reason is ive change the o2 sensors and the code came right back). im just stuck. here is the list of parts that have been changed;
fuel pump, fuel pump driver module - motocraft
o2 sensors - motorcraft
egr solnoid - ford

i think that is all i changed but i could be missing a thing or two. no i do work for a dealership, so the people that were helping me are knowledgeable, just not ford knowledgeable. so the issue at hand is the 5 codes are still on and wont go away. ive checked the vacuum hoses, and leaks and have found none, this i would think is electrical but i cant find it.

what do yall think?
Hey.... Just give it a try! Disconnect the battery for a t least awhile. 20 minutes. Just a guess
Supe01stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
All of those devices, the EVAP purge and vent valves, the EGR circuit, and the O² sensor heaters are powered through the same fuse, fuse #8 (20 A) in the central junction box--check that fuse, and the wiring and connectors 'tween it and the devices...

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sounds like your car turned against you. Looks like you got some tuning up to do. Assuming you did not cause a severe over rev condition, your ignition system needs basic maintenance. The sensor device that receives egr telemetry ( pressure feed back valve)may well be the culprit.. You may have been running rich for some time, hence it's clogged. Mine has an inlet and outlet to the egr tube.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT View Post
Sounds like your car turned against you. Looks like you got some tuning up to do. Assuming you did not cause a severe over rev condition, your ignition system needs basic maintenance. The sensor device that receives egr telemetry ( pressure feed back valve)may well be the culprit.. You may have been running rich for some time, hence it's clogged. Mine has an inlet and outlet to the egr tube.
Also called differential feed back pressure sensor(DPFE).
Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Haynes manual indicates that the symptoms you have are EGR. Causes stall, rough idle. The DPFS is also referred to as Electronic Vacuum Regulator. Evr should react positively to a little cleaning.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT