Mustang Evolution Forum banner

boy i done opened a can of worms.

5K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  mymustang 
#1 ·
I decided to tackle my heater core replacement by myself. Man this is gonna be fun. I have the dash hanging there now im trying to find all the wires to unhook to get it out. Oh well nothing a few beers cant fix i guess.

#5 ·
Update. Well i gave up for the night. I have the dash loose but the main wire harness on the driverside i couldn't get loose. I think i csn swing the dash around enough to get to the core. Anyone have any tips on removing the black box that the core is in?

#9 ·
Ok i didnt work on it today so i have this week to do some research. First thing is i have it all loose except the main wire connection on the driver side. From what ive read you have to pull the tire and the inner fender cover to unhook this connection. I can move the dash enough to gain access to the black ac box that the core is in but havent figured out how to pull the black box out yet. I think There must be bolts in the engine bay holding it in. Any help here would be appreciated. Is it possable to get the core out without removing this black box?

#19 ·
Well i got the old one out. I pulled the black box out as far as i could which wasnt much and then wedged the cover up enough to pull the old one out. The inlet tube was broken off the core. Hopefully this weekend ill have the new one in. By the way i didnt mess with the ac system so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.