Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suspension squeaking when turning.

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Cervantes107 
#1 ·
Hey guys need some help. My front suspension is making a nasty squealing sound when I turn the steering wheel from side to side. It's onset was just over the last two weeks or so. First the drivers side was making noise. Now both sides. Any ideas? Bad steering rack bushings? Maybe sway bar bushings? Front suspension is stock except for springs, struts, k member, and a arms, but all those mods have only been on car for 2 of its 11 years of life.

#3 ·
ball joint

#4 ·
Ok well balljoints it is. I've been meaning to put my stock A arms back on. I've been running the PA Racing tubular arms and K member since June and although I love the K-member due to the clearance I gained, I hate the tubular A arms since my turning radius is even further decreased and my wheels (inside of rim) actually hits the A arms when attempting to make a U-turn. Well Guess I need to fork out that $300 to get the Steeda X2's and Bumpsteer kit. Thanks for the quick response guys. Last thing: I've heard you can tests by shaking the wheel/tire and if there is play you know they are toast. Either way i'm replacing them and the a arm bushings which I had to burn out with a torch last week. Thanks again.

#5 ·
Side to side tell if the inner/outer tie rods have play. Up and down is for ball joints. However same thing can also dictate a worn wheel bearings. But since it squeak at every turn its ball joints.

#7 ·
I work at pepboys.....daily routine in any car lifted is a quick suspension check to see if anything needs to be replaced. Alot of times ball joints and tie rods. Occasionally a wheel bearing once a week but mostly bushings ball joints and rods

#9 ·
Cool thanks well since getting new balljoints and the bumpsteer kit which replaces my outer tie rods would it just be a good idea to have the inners replaced also? Thanks again

#10 ·
Would be suggested that way you have all new inner and outers knowing that u put in brand new. Also helps since if u take it gor a shop they only charge for the labor of the inners only since to get the inners u have to remove the outers first that way u save money as well.

#12 ·
i would say that would be the u joint that goes on the rear end from the drive shaft, or it could be the tranny mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.