Bbk catted shorty h vs o/r h - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Bbk catted shorty h vs o/r h

Has anyone switched from catted to un catted shorty h pipes will it make much of a diff?
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
the sound will be very different. ur going to love the sound 100%. arent the shorty mid pipes meant for longtubes? unless u are running lt's?
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Yeeah i have lts on it. Just bought the catted shorty cause it was 450 for the shorty and ceramic lts.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
makes sence.. i got shorty headers not the lt's but i would totally go for the off road though big difference. how does the lt's sound with the h pipe ? i have an off road x but been thinkin of switching to lt's and off road h pipe
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
makes sence.. i got shorty headers not the lt's but i would totally go for the off road though big difference. how does the lt's sound with the h pipe ? i have an off road x but been thinkin of switching to lt's and off road h pipe
I have magnapacks so its a diff sound that most stangs out there. Kinda tame in low rpms but when i get on it its pretty nasty. Only thing is i only have 2 cats as is and theyr hi flow cause theyr bbk. So idk how much of a sound diff ill see with an o/r mid pipe. Im affraid ittl be a waste of money. Im also considering just having the cats cut off and just putting bolt caps so i can run open pipes at the track. That way its o/r or open with just a couple bolts.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post
I have magnapacks so its a diff sound that most stangs out there. Kinda tame in low rpms but when i get on it its pretty nasty. Only thing is i only have 2 cats as is and theyr hi flow cause theyr bbk. So idk how much of a sound diff ill see with an o/r mid pipe. Im affraid ittl be a waste of money. Im also considering just having the cats cut off and just putting bolt caps so i can run open pipes at the track. That way its o/r or open with just a couple bolts.
There will definitely be a noticeable difference without the high-flow cats on the mid-pipe. I actually prefer the high-flow cats because of the nice cruising/no drone tone, but can still be loud WOT. If you're set getting the O/R mid-pipe, I would keep the current catted one just in case you want to switch back.

Just some advice from my personal experience!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

There will definitely be a noticeable difference without the high-flow cats on the mid-pipe. I actually prefer the high-flow cats because of the nice cruising/no drone tone, but can still be loud WOT. If you're set getting the O/R mid-pipe, I would keep the current catted one just in case you want to switch back.

Just some advice from my personal experience!

Shane
Thanks shane ill definately keep that in mind!
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.