I need your opinion...? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

Okay, so my dad has a truck , my mom has a jeep, and im 15 and dad bought a 2001 mustang for 2000. For those of you who dont know thats a really good deal. my mom wants a new vehicle. so dad is goign to sell hers . it eats gas like theres no tomorrow. dad cant sell his truck because it s tied up in the family ( long story) and dad has the mustang. so he wants to sell the mustang (which gets really good gas mileage. and buy me a truck. but he allready has the car and got it for cheap.. so whats the point in selling the DARN thing?
also wants a truck but cant sell his. he is going to buy him a new truck and give me his, which isnt bad but isnt the best on gas. and he hasnt realy kept it up well , and it is missing paint, and it stinks. but the mustang is in great condition!!! so what is your opinion on the whole situation ?
beverley86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

Your dad is probaby thinking, quite rightly in my opinion, that if he puts a 16 year old boy in a Mustang he might be putting him in a coffin next. Mind you I didn't start thinking like that when I was 16, it took having a son of my own to turn my brain around. Be cool on the whole vehicle thing, okay, either take what they give you or get a job and buy your own. Actually buy your own anyways, then they can't say much about it, right? *grin*
Or, here is an idea. Offer to buy the Mustang from your dad, work a job to get the money for it. It's good experience, trust me on that.
harailt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

Since when do mustangs get good gas mileage?
cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

well, since he paid for the mustang, he can sell it. if he wants to give you the truck, get some muscles out and fix it up. clean up the inside, vacuum, paint the outside and leave your ego at the door, AND say thanks dad i surely do appreciate you giving me your truck.
currito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

my opinion, trucks suck
agni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

maybe the insurance is higher on the mustang. or afraid you'll hot rod it more, just some thoughts. i always though young boys like trucks better.
just be glad you'll have something that runs and gets from point A to point B .sometimes looks isn't what matters. what matters is that it runs. and no car payments. take it as a good learning experience . good luck.
imported_sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

So your dad wants to buy you a new truck? I would take whatever vehicle has lower miles on it because then it will last you longer.
caius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I need your opinion...?

why cant you just take the mustang and he wolnt have to do anything but buy your mom a car
montrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT