2000 Mustang---Rubber Bushings? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2000 Mustang---Rubber Bushings?

I own a 2000 mustang, manual.. and i took it in the shop to get a front end alignment & i was told i need rubber bushings in the steering rack... what are they!? I've asked around and no one seems to know....my car pull all over the road & the shop told me that would be bc i need the rubber bushings...and where can i get them?? and are they easy to put in?
birney44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Disregard the previous replies since they don't help much and kelly doesn't seem to follow what bushings you are talking about. I know the ones you speak of.

There are 2 bushings that go through the steering rack itself where the rack bolts to the K-member supporting the engine. Factory bushings are rubber and tend to flex a lot then dry-rot over a few years. There's a company called Energy Suspension that makes these bushings out of polyurethane. They are a lot stiffer and last longer than rubber.

Here's a link to your application.
http://www.energysuspension.com/sear...=272&year=2000

From here on out if you need information on your Mustang don't ask here on Yahoo as these people know not what they speak of. Go to the site I list below. The Corral is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest Mustang website on the internet.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

call the local parts store or go in and ask they can show you on the computer what they look like and then you can look at it and see if you think you can fix it ur self,you may need a front end alignment after the bushings are put on.
dunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

call the local parts store or go in and ask they can show you on the computer what they look like and then you can look at it and see if you think you can fix it ur self,you may need a front end alignment after the bushings are put on.
ranier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

upper and lower control arm bushing or once call a frame bushing also have them in some control links an dnot no easy to put in not had home anyways you can type front end parts mustang pictures might find what they look like control arm bushing maybe not sure about rack
chaakmongwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2000 mustang