Why doesn't my car start? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Why doesn't my car start?

I have a 1994 Mustang GT, got home from school, got ready for work and my car didn't start. The battery is fine it clicks when i crank the key. Every thing works lights, stereo, i have the driver door open and it goes ding, ding, ding but when i crank the key everything dies??!
dario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Your battery may work, but it may not have enough charge to start. It takes more to start the car than make it ding and blink.
Shadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #3

its very old
Taber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It "could" reasonably be a LOT of things - but, honestly, being as you're having to ask, it really sounds like you're in way over your head relative to making any said adjustment or repair. Take it to a repair shop.
beverley86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #5

Interesting, well every now and then a brand new battery is actually bad so get the battery checked and make sure it is fully charged. Again some battery may sit too long amd lose their charge. After the batt is double checked if the symptoms are the same i would bet anyone 100$ it is your starter. Anyone want to take that bet? Lol
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #6

if you try to turn the engine on and all you hear is tick tick tick then its got something to do with power, i say your batt has the power to power up your electrics but not enough to power the car on or it could be the starter, if you know what it is then get a stick and tap on it a few times and try to start your engine

but best bet is to have it towed to a mechanic because no one here can see or hear whats going on
marlon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

are the battery terminals clean and tight? it could be a bad starter solenoid. i would say first take each battery cable off the battery clean them up good and make sure they are tight. if it still does it then it,s probably a bad solenoid or the starter is stuck. try tapping on the starter while someone tries to start it.
orlando67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Bad starter solenoid or bad starter. Solenoid is on the fender, the red wire from the battery goes to it, try to jump it with jumper cable. Watch it will cook a small wire real quick. The starter in under the car don't even think about changing that.
ashbbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT