Traction control light - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackedoutpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 47
Traction control light

So when I start my car first thing I do is I turn traction off. Well I went to turn it off and it didn't light up I checked the fuse nothing wrong with it. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedoutpony View Post
So when I start my car first thing I do is I turn traction off. Well I went to turn it off and it didn't light up I checked the fuse nothing wrong with it. Anyone know what the problem could be?
The bulb might be burnt out.. Did you turn it off and try to get the wheels to spin?
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackedoutpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vertgt View Post

The bulb might be burnt out.. Did you turn it off and try to get the wheels to spin?
Where would the bulb be? I was going to do that but I just had a brand new clutch put in today along with flywheel and clutch fork etc. trying not to beat on it right now lol
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedoutpony View Post

Where would the bulb be? I was going to do that but I just had a brand new clutch put in today along with flywheel and clutch fork etc. trying not to beat on it right now lol
Oh true lol I'm not sure if its a single bulb but my 06 350 had a burnt out check engine light and we replaced it. Maybe someone else will chime in
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
schmitty426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodbury
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedoutpony View Post

Where would the bulb be? I was going to do that but I just had a brand new clutch put in today along with flywheel and clutch fork etc. trying not to beat on it right now lol
U will have to pull the whole instrument cluster out and the bulbs are on the back of it, its an easy fix
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackedoutpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty426 View Post

U will have to pull the whole instrument cluster out and the bulbs are on the back of it, its an easy fix
I have a 2000 and my traction light comes on next to my cigarette lighter. Would that make a difference?
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
schmitty426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodbury
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedoutpony View Post

I have a 2000 and my traction light comes on next to my cigarette lighter. Would that make a difference?
Yes it would lol I'm used to seeing it in the dash lol I don't think u can switch out those bulbs u would have to replace the whole switch other than that wait it out to break in Ur clutch and flywheel and try an spin em and go from there lol
schmitty426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
I have my traction control programmed to be off when ever I start my car
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackedoutpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty426 View Post

Yes it would lol I'm used to seeing it in the dash lol I don't think u can switch out those bulbs u would have to replace the whole switch other than that wait it out to break in Ur clutch and flywheel and try an spin em and go from there lol
I'm probably gonna be tempted to do a burnout tomorrow so I guess ill find out tomorrow lol. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
I have my traction control programmed to be off when ever I start my car
How did you do that?
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
I has my tuner program it to stay off
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedoutpony View Post

I have a 2000 and my traction light comes on next to my cigarette lighter. Would that make a difference?
Pop the panel off where the traction control switch is. The panel is held in by clips. It is really easy to remove. Put a hand on each side of the panel in front of your shifter and pull outward and kind of push together. When you pop the panel off, you can access you traction control switch. The bulb is on the side of the switch. It is tiny. You just turn the bulb out. This just happened to me. I'm pretty sure you will need to get the bulb at a dealer.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackedoutpony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrumbel View Post

Pop the panel off where the traction control switch is. The panel is held in by clips. It is really easy to remove. Put a hand on each side of the panel in front of your shifter and pull outward and kind of push together. When you pop the panel off, you can access you traction control switch. The bulb is on the side of the switch. It is tiny. You just turn the bulb out. This just happened to me. I'm pretty sure you will need to get the bulb at a dealer.
Ok I see what you mean ill try replacing the bulb and see if that's the problem. But for now everytime I start my car I just hit the switch and traction is off I tested it by getting sideways. Thanks for the help
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ksrumbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hamburg
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedoutpony View Post

Ok I see what you mean ill try replacing the bulb and see if that's the problem. But for now everytime I start my car I just hit the switch and traction is off I tested it by getting sideways. Thanks for the help
Yeah I do the same thing. I have to get to the dealer to order a new bulb.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.