Mustang Evolution Forum banner

exhaust questions

Tags
exhaust
924 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mustang17 
#1 ·
i have a couple of questions about an exhaust forgive me if they seem silly but im a newbie..im gonna either get flowmaster 40 or 44 mufflers and keep my stock pipes. First does anyone recommend one over the other? Second will there be a noticeable sound difference since i am keeping the stock pipes? I have looked up vids on youtube but sometimes its hard to really get a full idea so i was wondering what you guys think

#2 ·
Go to American Muscle and most of the exhausts have a before and after sound clip. Also check out the Pypes Violators, great value, and you will love the sound, I bought a set for my 01 GT and turned around that night and bought some axle backs for my 2010.

#4 ·
you can simply weld in the mufflers and it will sound better regardless, many go this route. You probably should not go above 2.25 inch diameter pipe anyway so you may already have that stock. If this is the case just weld in mufflers are fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.