gas mileage - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
gas mileage

was wondering what you guys get in your GT. Also how many miles can you guys usually go until fill up i range anywhere from 200-250 depending on how much highway driving i do..most of my driving is city its my DD. I find it kind of strange that sometimes i only get like 220 miles out of a full tank am i the only one or does this happen with you guys too?
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
GHO5T5NIPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post
was wondering what you guys get in your GT. Also how many miles can you guys usually go until fill up i range anywhere from 200-250 depending on how much highway driving i do..most of my driving is city its my DD. I find it kind of strange that sometimes i only get like 220 miles out of a full tank am i the only one or does this happen with you guys too?
When I first got my GT I got 12 miles to the gallon . Just because I was throttle down every gear change haha. Now I can get about 18 in the city and 24 on highway if I drive conservatively. I believe we have 15.7 gallon has tank in our new edge mustangs. With me, I will drive a few days with the needle on or past the E and then when I fill it up It will stop at about 13 gallons. I guess we have quite a lot of reserve gas still left in our tanks when the needle says empty.
GHO5T5NIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
When I first got my GT I got 12 miles to the gallon . Just because I was throttle down every gear change haha. Now I can get about 18 in the city and 24 on highway if I drive conservatively. I believe we have 15.7 gallon has tank in our new edge mustangs. With me, I will drive a few days with the needle on or past the E and then when I fill it up It will stop at about 13 gallons. I guess we have quite a lot of reserve gas still left in our tanks when the needle says empty.
lol yea every now and then i like to play with it but im paranoid and hate to beat on her (not saying you beat on yours) lol. I seem to get around the same as you about 18 in the city but i wish there was a real way to tell like new cars they tell you how much you're getting. When i bought it there was about 83,000 miles on it now theres about 86,000 im not sure if the last guy changed the spark plugs so im gonna check that out and hopefully that helps out as far as gas goes.
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
GHO5T5NIPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post

lol yea every now and then i like to play with it but im paranoid and hate to beat on her (not saying you beat on yours) lol. I seem to get around the same as you about 18 in the city but i wish there was a real way to tell like new cars they tell you how much you're getting. When i bought it there was about 83,000 miles on it now theres about 86,000 im not sure if the last guy changed the spark plugs so im gonna check that out and hopefully that helps out as far as gas goes.
I know what you mean. Mine has about 84,000 on it. I know spark plugs can make a big difference if your current ones are dirty, new ones give you a cleaner spark. I know there are tons of apps out there to help you determine your gas mileage. Just takes some looking around I guess. I've heard of an app that actually tracks you ith GPS and can tell you exactly how many MPG you are getting. But that's just a rumor I heard.
GHO5T5NIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO5T5NIPER View Post
I know what you mean. Mine has about 84,000 on it. I know spark plugs can make a big difference if your current ones are dirty, new ones give you a cleaner spark. I know there are tons of apps out there to help you determine your gas mileage. Just takes some looking around I guess. I've heard of an app that actually tracks you ith GPS and can tell you exactly how many MPG you are getting. But that's just a rumor I heard.
oh wow that sounds pretty awesome im gonna look around see if i can find that if i do ill let you know thanks!
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
I'm getting horrible mileage on my tank now. Too much idling. I left my car running for prolly 20-30 minutes last night.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
wolfstang03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 344
About 17mpg around town. bolt ons, tuned, and 373's. I've got a smaller tank being a vert but last I remember... about 200-250 miles per tank depending on how heavy my foot gets!
__________________
--WOLFSTANG 03--
wolfstang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post
lol yea every now and then i like to play with it but im paranoid and hate to beat on her (not saying you beat on yours) lol. I seem to get around the same as you about 18 in the city but i wish there was a real way to tell like new cars they tell you how much you're getting. When i bought it there was about 83,000 miles on it now theres about 86,000 im not sure if the last guy changed the spark plugs so im gonna check that out and hopefully that helps out as far as gas goes.
mustang17,

If you're trying it figure out how much gas mileage your getting just calculate it at the pump. Fill the tank all the way up to the top and then reset your trip miles. Once you go to fill up on your next tank of gas, fill up to the very top and see how much gas was used in your previous trip or tank. Then divide that number by the amount of miles your trip odometer racked up. That's the most accurate way to see what your average MPG is!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
thejohncarlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 276
I use an app on the iPhone called MPGforFREE. It works great for tracking mileage.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
ok good to see im the same as everyone else lol im gonna get a tune up soon anyway so hopefully it helps thanks guys and shane thanks will do

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejohncarlson View Post
I use an app on the iPhone called MPGforFREE. It works great for tracking mileage.
sweet ill give it a try thanks man
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Holden
Region: Missouri
Posts: 54
I like how mine tells me how many miles i have left. Once I had less than 5 miles left. Then I finally found a BP
Garrett7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett7 View Post
I like how mine tells me how many miles i have left. Once I had less than 5 miles left. Then I finally found a BP
yea thats cool i wish i had that but you have a newer stang right
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Damn, I barely manage to average 15 city
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
Damn, I barely manage to average 15 city
damn that sucks man maybe you need a tune up or some new spark plugs every month or so i throw in a bottle of fuel injection cleaner too they say that helps but who really knows lol everything is a sales pitch
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post

damn that sucks man maybe you need a tune up or some new spark plugs every month or so i throw in a bottle of fuel injection cleaner too they say that helps but who really knows lol everything is a sales pitch
It's just crappy winter gas. I did spark plugs back in the spring so those are still good. I drive all city though so that probably doesn't help.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

It's just crappy winter gas. I did spark plugs back in the spring so those are still good. I drive all city though so that probably doesn't help.
yea i do mostly city with a little bit of highway here and there
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
I get about 175 to 185 miles on a tank and that's when I'm not driving like and idiot watching the boost gauge hit 20lbs I boost
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,013
I get maybe about 280 mi to the tank i roughly 70 mi daily to and from work so i average that with pi heads exhaust intake plenum tb so far

Dont u guys have an optiin on your new edges to press and hold the reset button while u turn the key to position 2 and it should move the gauges and do some other things right like mpg?
__________________
1996 Mustang GT, 17x9 front and 17x10.5 cobra r replica rims, 255/40/17 front 285/40/17 rear at the moment,
o/r x-pipe flow master 40 series dump downs, cai/ram intake, 75mm c&l throttle body and plenum, pi heads and intake swap, msd wires, stock gears, untuned at the moment, no dyno numbers for now.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
I get maybe about 280 mi to the tank i roughly 70 mi daily to and from work so i average that with pi heads exhaust intake plenum tb so far

Dont u guys have an optiin on your new edges to press and hold the reset button while u turn the key to position 2 and it should move the gauges and do some other things right like mpg?
It will show RPMS and speed and other diagnostic codes buy not MPG sadly.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Just filled up and got 23 mpg. Drove 246 miles. That's like a city record for me.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post
Just filled up and got 23 mpg. Drove 246 miles. That's like a city record for me.
nice lucky you i wish haha
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17

nice lucky you i wish haha
I usually get 18 or 19, but its been raining a lot so I guess I've been taking it easy the last few days. Who new? Lol
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post

I usually get 18 or 19, but its been raining a lot so I guess I've been taking it easy the last few days. Who new? Lol
rain here too lol been taking it easy too earlier my tires slipped a little when i went around a turn
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
escottcarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jackson
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 365
I got 313.6 miles in my first tank last week with my just bought 02 GT. 240 miles were hwy with the cruise control @ 68 mph. The rest around town. Put 12.995 gallons in this beast. Got 24.1 mpg. I understand that bad front oxygen sensors can seriously hurt fuel mileage so consider this when diagnosing your fuel situation. Of course, lead feet hurt economy the most.
escottcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by escottcarp View Post
I got 313.6 miles in my first tank last week with my just bought 02 GT. 240 miles were hwy with the cruise control @ 68 mph. The rest around town. Put 12.995 gallons in this beast. Got 24.1 mpg. I understand that bad front oxygen sensors can seriously hurt fuel mileage so consider this when diagnosing your fuel situation. Of course, lead feet hurt economy the most.
nice thats pretty good and i heard the same about oxygen sensors..gonna have to get them checked out too
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
sally2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 438
I get around 23-24 highway and 19 city
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:40 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.