Emissions testing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Emissions testing

Anyone in the san diego area or an hour away have o/r pipes and can tell me of a shop that they go to pass emissions?
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to California buddy. I live in sd and exhaust shops won't even put on an o/r pipe even if you bring it to them.
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
This happen to me in Vegas! The guy saw my off road h and made a face like he saw death! He said they don't do off road h. (The installation)
Stringy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Not that I condone getting a hot smog, I do know that some ppl are hurt by the economy and will do one for some cash on the side. Actually a lot of cash. For me it's worth more to just swap the pipes for a regular smog but I have heard a few places in Hayward will do one. Never hade one done so I wouldn't know which ones do. Might be far for you though. My advice would to just swap it out. It takes about 2 hours for me and saves about 200 bucks. Money well saved.
Xtrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I know some ppl in NorCal that would do it. Look around for a small smog place. Maybe go towards the ghetto. Stop at a few places, talk to them and offer em some cash to do it. It's not like someone is gonna call the cops on you if they say no. Just don't say it in front of all their customers. Make sure you have 200+ to cough up tho. Cash talks

Engine/Drivetrain: SCT iTSX with BAMA 91 Race Tune, Airaid CAI, JBA O/R H-Pipe, SLP Power-Flo Catback, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Exedy Lightweight Flywheel

Suspension: H&R SuperSport Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts
JetLife 01GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife 01GT View Post
I know some ppl in NorCal that would do it. Look around for a small smog place. Maybe go towards the ghetto. Stop at a few places, talk to them and offer em some cash to do it. It's not like someone is gonna call the cops on you if they say no. Just don't say it in front of all their customers. Make sure you have 200+ to cough up tho. Cash talks
Really? 200+? this isnt even for me. My buddy bought a stang and he comes from texas and i come from ohio. We dont have emissions and **** in those states. So he buys a stang with o/r **** on it and his registration is about to expire and he has to find a place to smog so he can get his car re registered.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

Really? 200+? this isnt even for me. My buddy bought a stang and he comes from texas and i come from ohio. We dont have emissions and **** in those states. So he buys a stang with o/r **** on it and his registration is about to expire and he has to find a place to smog so he can get his car re registered.
And im not sure if he would even pass emissions if he did have a catted mid pipe.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

And im not sure if he would even pass emissions if he did have a catted mid pipe.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It s illegal anywhere in the US for a legitimate shop to remove the cats or install a system that does not have them. Even here in Florida where there is no emissions testing licensed shops will not install o/r pipes as it is not worth losing their business licenses over--you need to find a bubba with a lift (which is not all that difficult).

The good news is that so-called "off-road" pipes provide no power advantage over aftermarket catted pipes, so just buy a catted pipe that is CARB approved and be done with it...

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post
It s illegal anywhere in the US for a legitimate shop to remove the cats or install a system that does not have them. Even here in Florida where there is no emissions testing licensed shops will not install o/r pipes as it is not worth losing their business licenses over--you need to find a bubba with a lift (which is not all that difficult).

The good news is that so-called "off-road" pipes provide no power advantage over aftermarket catted pipes, so just buy a catted pipe that is CARB approved and be done with it...
He has a 90 fox body that he bought and its not in the best shape. Im not sure if he even buys the catted mid pipe that ittl pass. He kinda got ****ed when he bought the car cause we were un familliar to the emissions and registration.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
All come to wyoming haha no emissions here
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
Id love to man. Been through there on a road trip from ohio to montana
Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
Id love to man. Been through there on a road trip from ohio to montana

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT