Tinted my tail lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 117
Thumbs up Tinted my tail lights

They came out pretty good! Keep in mind I've never had done this before. The instructions made me a little nervous but it was easier than what it was hyped to be. I didn't even use a dryer. Just soap and water and the squeegee. The only one you have to be careful with is the outer light due to creases that for due to the shape of the light. It took me about 15 minutes installing these but around 40 mins or so due to waiting 10 minutes for the third brake light.

Now the third brake light has some creases that I could not get out....yet. Going to let it completely dry to see if they go away on their own if not then ill have to take out the dryer.

These are the vinyl smoked tint from AM!


Before




Half way!





Tails done



Third brake with Mustang lettering done


Will get some better photos when i take her out for a spin.

I also changed my cheap broken shift knob

Before



After




Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Defying_Fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Middleville
Region: Michigan
Posts: 148
Looks killer man!
Defying_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
They came out pretty good! Keep in mind I've never had done this before. The instructions made me a little nervous but it was easier than what it was hyped to be. I didn't even use a dryer. Just soap and water and the squeegee. The only one you have to be careful with is the outer light due to creases that for due to the shape of the light. It took me about 15 minutes installing these but around 40 mins or so due to waiting 10 minutes for the third brake light.

Now the third brake light has some creases that I could not get out....yet. Going to let it completely dry to see if they go away on their own if not then ill have to take out the dryer.

These are the vinyl smoked tint from AM!

Before

Half way!

Tails done

Third brake with Mustang lettering done

Will get some better photos when i take her out for a spin.

I also changed my cheap broken shift knob

Before

After

How's the brightness? I've been thinking about doing this but worry because of how dark the light might be
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
That looks awesome.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Good job!
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
20GT02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 3
Looks sick nice job
20GT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vertgt View Post
How's the brightness? I've been thinking about doing this but worry because of how dark the light might be
I just took this one right now as you got me curious. It's not too bad for it being day light. Also the Mustang lettering helps. Going to take another one when it gets dark.



At night there is no problem





Thanks!!!
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
maldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 1,563
Awesome bro.....just need to tint your windows now! Good job
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
Awesome bro.....just need to tint your windows now! Good job
Yeah it's next on my to do list. Just been lazy about it. I am also enjoying the light starfish rims i put on for cheap. It's amazing how 50lbs of rotational mass affects acceleration
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Defying_Fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Middleville
Region: Michigan
Posts: 148
This is completely off topic, but what did you do to cover your holes up from he spoiler delete?
Defying_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defying_Fate View Post
This is completely off topic, but what did you do to cover your holes up from he spoiler delete?
I followed this video



I used the nylon plugs from a hardware store
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
I love the changes!
nice job!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post

I just took this one right now as you got me curious. It's not too bad for it being day light. Also the Mustang lettering helps. Going to take another one when it gets dark.

At night there is no problem

Thanks!!!
That's not bad at all! I'm gonna do this. Thanks for the info
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rm360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,140
Looks awesome!!!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 70
Looks good
Matt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
Registered User
Newbie
 
03GTSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 9
I like it! And they look even meaner at night. I have them on my 03 GT, and I love it!
03GTSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 117
Passed inspection yesterday without any trouble. Thanks guys, love tint ligts. Now i need tinted windows asap.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.