plastidip? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
plastidip?

Where can I find some Plastidip?
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Home Depot...lowes...amazon...google?!
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Duh, thanks!
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
home depot has it for liks 6 bucks a can here
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
I'll check it out. I want to do the deck lid panel. Instead of buying a cover. I'm going to see how plastic dip will look. How many cans would it take do you think?
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
it took me just one to dip my decklid. real easy and looks nice
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3624850079.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	86710  
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Looks nice. Did you put a clear on it or leave it matter black? It's hard to tell on my phone.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Nevermind I blew the pic up. Looks really good. You did a good job. I hope mine comes out that straight. Any advise before I do it?
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post
Looks nice. Did you put a clear on it or leave it matter black? It's hard to tell on my phone.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Nevermind I blew the pic up. Looks really good. You did a good job. I hope mine comes out that straight. Any advise before I do it?
just cover up ur bumper real good and rear fenders. tape up the top of decklid the most str8 possible. and spray the first coat like 6in. away so it wont have any runs. after u give it one coat give it a few minutes or so , that way it can dry up. then give it another coat. u should be good with 2 or 3 coats at most. then when u remove the tape be very careful and use a blade or knife if u need to cuz the plasti dip tends to stick on the tape and can come out crooked.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 461
Dose it come it any other colors or just black?
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post
Dose it come it any other colors or just black?
Many colors, can even make your own color..go to plastidip.com for more info
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 461
Cool thanks
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

just cover up ur bumper real good and rear fenders. tape up the top of decklid the most str8 possible. and spray the first coat like 6in. away so it wont have any runs. after u give it one coat give it a few minutes or so , that way it can dry up. then give it another coat. u should be good with 2 or 3 coats at most. then when u remove the tape be very careful and use a blade or knife if u need to cuz the plasti dip tends to stick on the tape and can come out crooked.
Thank you much. I'll post pics when I get it done. Oh, one more thing. Did you do any prep work before so it will stick better?
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Pony View Post

Thank you much. I'll post pics when I get it done. Oh, one more thing. Did you do any prep work before so it will stick better?
yeah ijust wash it with soap then dry the decklid really good. thats it. no need to sand it or nothing like that. plasti dip will stick regardless just clean it off real good so it can come out smooth
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post
Cool thanks
Around me I can't find any other color than black in every store that carries it, may be different in your area, just a heads up if ya go driving around looking for colors, better off ordering online
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Around me I can't find any other color than black in every store that carries it, may be different in your area, just a heads up if ya go driving around looking for colors, better off ordering online
Ohh thanks yeah no rush for it anyway
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #16
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Lowes and home depot only carry black.. Amazon nd ebay sell them expensive.. Dipyourcar.com is the best. They have all colors nd cheap
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Silver Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay

yeah ijust wash it with soap then dry the decklid really good. thats it. no need to sand it or nothing like that. plasti dip will stick regardless just clean it off real good so it can come out smooth
Easy enough. I can't wait to do it.
Silver Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.