The Evolution/Future Build of My Car (Tons of Pics and Vids) - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Sounds like you have a good plan going and will have her up and running in no time.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The radiator support is off the car now, and everything is still looking pretty straight. Frame rails are nice and straight which is the most important part. Spending the next couple days acquiring parts I need, so of course a junk yard run is in order

Sent from my XT1095 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432917537487.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	183665   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432917567916.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	183666  

Name:	1432917590716.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	183667  

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
DutchManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Double post

Roxanne- 1998 Mustang GT Convertible: 5-Speed, 2001 PI 2V swap, o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow catback, MGW shifter,
3.73 gears, Auburn LSD, TA diff cover, MM FLSFCs, Ford Strut Tower Brace, J&M SS Brake Lines, and a lot of visual/restoration work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Well quick update on my car. The new core support is welded on and painted. Now i am spending my time prepping and painting everything else (inside of fenders, under hood, etc). Then it's time to put it all back together
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1435801564191.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	186311  

Old 07-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Just read your entire thread. You have really put a lot of work into the car. I think every person should have some of these experiences you have had. Builds character. To often you see kids getting brand new cars from mommy and daddy. But what do they learn from that? Nothing. Good on you for sticking with it. I'm glad your almost back together this go around.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I just read through the whole thread. Sorry about your accident but I'm glad you're getting her back together! I like that body style of Mustang and it seems like I never see a nice one, I wouldn't mind finding a "cheap" one to play with.

The black paint on the Trick Flow was awesome. I've had my eye on that plenum and figured I'd go with the natural one but now I think I'll spend the extra $10(?) and get black and do your paint trick as well.
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Just read your entire thread. You have really put a lot of work into the car. I think every person should have some of these experiences you have had. Builds character. To often you see kids getting brand new cars from mommy and daddy. But what do they learn from that? Nothing. Good on you for sticking with it. I'm glad your almost back together this go around.

IG @Oxford5pointoh
Thanks! I couldn't agree more. I have so many experiences and stories that I will remember for the rest of my life because of this car. Kids nowadays don't get that same bond with their cars. And the experience and knowledge gained from working on it myself has opened a lot of doors for me in engineering too. Not a lot of engineers have ever touched a car which is a bit worrisome but also explains a lot lol

The first test drive will be coming up very soon and we'll see if she still drives right. Really crossing my fingers because if the car doesn't drive straight I'm gonna have to figure that out lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbrand View Post
I just read through the whole thread. Sorry about your accident but I'm glad you're getting her back together! I like that body style of Mustang and it seems like I never see a nice one, I wouldn't mind finding a "cheap" one to play with.

The black paint on the Trick Flow was awesome. I've had my eye on that plenum and figured I'd go with the natural one but now I think I'll spend the extra $10(?) and get black and do your paint trick as well.
When I got the car it was my least favorite body style and now its actually one of my favorites. I agree you just don't see clean SN95s. That's one of the main reasons I can't let go of my car...its one of the few decent looking ones out there!

It would be fun to get a cheap rust free V6 and do a V8 swap (5.4 probably lol) The V6 has the same bumpers/hood as the GT so you just throw better wheels and lower it and it'll look just as good.

The blacked out one matches the engine bay much better in my opinion. The polished chrome ones stick out to me. Filling the trickflow emblem in was a simple way to make it look much better. I'm not sure why they don't just do that from the factory lol.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchManDann View Post
Thanks! I couldn't agree more. I have so many experiences and stories that I will remember for the rest of my life because of this car.

That sums up my obsession with a special 95 F150 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

I've had a very busy couple of weeks. After welding the core support on and painting it, I started putting it all back together. A lot of brackets and hoses needed either replacing or bending to fit properly.

After hooking everything up, I took the car for a test drive to see if it ran okay and still drove straight. It drove perfect, the only issue I noticed was the convertible top seems to be a bit tight when latching it.

The next step was to get the body parts ready for mounting. I was originally going to just mount them with the black primer, but my Dad had some single stage paint that was nearly identical in color to my body color, so we decided to paint both sides (inside and out) rather than just the outside. The whole car is going to get a proper respray once I get a better gun and have the time to do it.

On the new passanger fender, I spent some time welding a patch into the antenna hole and filled it with bondo. It turned out very nicely and seems to be very secure and strong. I love the streamlined look of the car without the antenna.

I installed a new airbag module, clock spring, and airbags that I grabbed off Ebay. They match the interior well, although the brackets that hold the drivers side airbag are a bit broken so that airbag seems to sit a bit too high. Nothing noticeable though.

Now the hood and fenders are mounted and fit pretty dang well considering they are aftermarket and this car has been hit twice. The bumper will go on soon and she will be ready to drive.

One last note, I plan to paint the rear wing a satin black (same black as a Mach 1 spoiler). I think it will look really aggressive and look awesome with the convertible top which is also satin black. I have two spoilers so I am going to do one black and one silver to see which I like more.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1436930809492.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	187105   Click image for larger version

Name:	1436931201712.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	187106  

Name:	1436931296408.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	187107   Click image for larger version

Name:	1436931318449.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	187108  

Name:	1436931341247.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	187109  

Old 07-15-2015, 12:45 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Looking good man. A ton of progress since the accident and your learning all sorts of new skills along the way. Im sure it will be worth it once your back to driving it again.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

The car is back on the road driving. Interestingly enough, the color I painted the front end parts was just a random cheap single stage silver from Napa that looked close to my color, and you cant even tell its a different color. Of course in the near future it is going to be completely repainted, but I just didn't want to be driving around with half my car just primed.

It drives straight and feels just as solid as it did before, there's a few little noises it makes here and there that annoy me but nothing serious.

The aftermarket body parts line up surprisingly well. Of course the fenders needed some convincing to get them to line up right, but overall they are pretty good. Most of the panel gaps are better than they were before. The car had been in a front end collision previously and whoever did the body work did poor quality work so I did it right this time and everything is nice and even and lining up right. Also, I have pretty much fallen in love with the Cobra R hood.

And the pics are my car and my friend's '99 Cobra.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1437500326592.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	187672   Click image for larger version

Name:	1437500782203.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	187673  

Name:	1437500940559.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	187674  

Old 07-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good and congrats on being back on the road

Old 07-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Grats brother...looks great!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Vinnie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Great story!!

Lorenzod02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

First off, I would like to say it's a shame that Photobucket has essentially destroyed any value this thread has with their P500 error thing and removing all my pictures.

But the main reason for this reply is that I have an update on the car. And it's a big update- the car is finally cammed! My "dream mods" in the original post I listed cams as a dream mod and it's finally done.

I went with a CMS Stage 2 N/A cam with Ford GT rockers. Put CMS stage 2 springs and new valve seals in with it. I degreed it and have no issues so far other than a leaking valve cover gasket (no surprise here, those gaskets are nearly impossible to get on).

Here's a video of her idling, let me know what you think!

Old 07-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The idle sounds a bit high to me. It could just be me though.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

It probably is, I set it to some arbitrary higher RPM (I think 900) to keep it idling. Still waiting on an updated tune from Bama. Eventually it will be dyno tuned as well.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 07-28-2017, 05:40 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good! I am sure it is exciting to have accomplished a mod you never thought you would actually get done! Also very satisfying...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #89
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Sounds great!
Old 07-31-2017, 05:25 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Car PI swapped? I hope so, I know some companies don't even want to make the cams for the NPI cars even though they sell them. As MHS.

And the valve cover gaskets are simple to put on. Stick them in the freezer for a hour or two. Your welcome.

Car does sound good though

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone, glad you guys like how she sounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Car PI swapped? I hope so, I know some companies don't even want to make the cams for the NPI cars even though they sell them. As MHS.

And the valve cover gaskets are simple to put on. Stick them in the freezer for a hour or two. Your welcome.

Car does sound good though

Yeah it's got an early '01 PI engine swapped in. I definitely wouldn't have bothered doing the cams on a non-PI engine.

And I never thought of that before with the gaskets, I'll have to try that next time! I ended up being able to fix the leak pretty easily.

And thanks! I need to get the car tuned so it idles right though.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT