Stock 02 romeo block? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Nate98stang is unknown around these parts
Stock 02 romeo block?

What power can the block handle? I'd like some first hand insights from everyone who has a built late 01-04gt, at tax time i may purchase the MMR 600hp rotating assembly if I'm at to use my stock block

2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Rm360 is unknown around these parts
Everything I have read states the Romeo and WAP blocks can handle 800 rwhp , I read one article where a dude was pushing close to 900, the tekskid block can handle 12-1500 hp, so your block will be fine as long as you don't do a stroker kit

Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
Everything I have read states the Romeo and WAP blocks can handle 800 rwhp , I read one article where a dude was pushing close to 900, the tekskid block can handle 12-1500 hp, so your block will be fine as long as you don't do a stroker kit
How is ur car set up?
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post

How is ur car set up?
I have a Kenne bell on a stock bottom end putting 360 to the tires on a conservative tune , I have some new parts and I'm gonna get more aggressive with the tune , I'm hoping to put down at least 420 after the new tune
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a Kenne bell on a stock bottom end putting 360 to the tires on a conservative tune , I have some new parts and I'm gonna get more aggressive with the tune , I'm hoping to put down at least 420 after the new tune
Power wise I want the same, I'm hoping forged bottom end, maybe a trick flow too end kit, a typhoon intake and a vortech to get 400-450rwhp on a safe tune
Old 01-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post

Power wise I want the same, I'm hoping forged bottom end, maybe a trick flow too end kit, a typhoon intake and a vortech to get 400-450rwhp on a safe tune
With that setup you want you'll be able to push that motor past 500 rwhp without a prob, there are a couple guys on here that are around 420 with vortech and stock bottom end, how long the motor will last is dependent on the tune , my buddy Tim has a v2 pushing 12 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end with a 100 k on the motor he has stage 2 cams and he's putting down 440 to the wheels, he's been driving it that way for a few years and he drives it hard , like I said its all about the tune , boost doesn't kill motors detonation does!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With that setup you want you'll be able to push that motor past 500 rwhp without a prob, there are a couple guys on here that are around 420 with vortech and stock bottom end, how long the motor will last is dependent on the tune , my buddy Tim has a v2 pushing 12 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end with a 100 k on the motor he has stage 2 cams and he's putting down 440 to the wheels, he's been driving it that way for a few years and he drives it hard , like I said its all about the tune , boost doesn't kill motors detonation does!
Hmm well sounds good I like the idea ill be able to have more power later on if I choose

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT