headlight adjuster screws - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
headlight adjuster screws

okay so i bought my mustang from a used car dealership and im 99% it has been wrecked, dont believe it was real bad but there are several things that leads me to believe this but the car wasnt a salvage title, but this isnt the point feel free to comment about this. the headlight angle sucks ***!!!! i bought the sylvania ultra brights hoping this would give me more view but upon installing the bulbs i realized there are no adjuster screws. i figured the car doesnt have em cause it was in a accident and the repairer was too lazy to re install them. so my lights basically point straight at the ground.... i have like 10-20 ft of light. where the hell can i get these screws?
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post
okay so i bought my mustang from a used car dealership and im 99% it has been wrecked, dont believe it was real bad but there are several things that leads me to believe this but the car wasnt a salvage title, but this isnt the point feel free to comment about this. the headlight angle sucks ***!!!! i bought the sylvania ultra brights hoping this would give me more view but upon installing the bulbs i realized there are no adjuster screws. i figured the car doesnt have em cause it was in a accident and the repairer was too lazy to re install them. so my lights basically point straight at the ground.... i have like 10-20 ft of light. where the hell can i get these screws?
Not sure where you can get the screws but I think my car was in an accident too but it doesn't show up on any documents. Both front fenders are aftermarket and one of the brackets that holds the sway bar to the frame was completely gone....... That explains my horrible alignment. But the point is that your car could very well have been in some kind of accodent
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

its easy, remove the corner lights and its on the sides of the headlights......dont worry i had to go thru hell to find mine to so i figured id save time for ppl if they have the same thing i have

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

if they replaced the headlights the screws will be on there still, its as soon as you remove the corner light you will see them on the sides of the headlights
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
its easy, remove the corner lights and its on the sides of the headlights......dont worry i had to go thru hell to find mine to so i figured id save time for ppl if they have the same thing i have

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

if they replaced the headlights the screws will be on there still, its as soon as you remove the corner light you will see them on the sides of the headlights
Ill look further into it but keep in mind my name is decieving lol im not a 96v6 anymore. 04gt now so idk if its the same, i have one piece headlights.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Aha lol son of a monkey lol. Well its ok i got 2 new edges home so ill look into it soon
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
Aha lol son of a monkey lol. Well its ok i got 2 new edges home so ill look into it soon
Haha much appreciated brother. The headlights are definately not installed properly. There was two little metal rods per side that i had to pull out, thats all that was required to pull the headlight.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
99-04 use a single screw on the top.of the headlight... takes a philips head. Look for the hole on the top hard to miss

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

Haha much appreciated brother. The headlights are definately not installed properly. There was two little metal rods per side that i had to pull out, thats all that was required to pull the headlight.
Two L shaped rods per side is correct for removing the headlights
02MURDEREDGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02MURDEREDGT View Post

Two L shaped rods per side is correct for removing the headlights
Yeah thats how i replaced the bulbs. Couldnt believe thats all thats needed to pull em out.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
99-04 use a single screw on the top.of the headlight... takes a philips head. Look for the hole on the top hard to miss
Okay thanks! Ill fixx em later! Thank god now night drivin wont be so dangerous anymore!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT