My window is hitting my convertible top! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My window is hitting my convertible top!

So I bought a new (to me) mustang GT convertible and the passenger side widow corner hits the top. I looked at it and the window doesn't seem to be rolled up to much so I don't think it has to do with those clips that hold the glass from rising up to far but I could be wrong. Anybody know how to adjust the top in that area? Also, on the passenger side right behind the back window where the top meets the glass and the side of the car, the top is almost like getting stuck between two metal prices. Those two metal prices should be flush with each other but one seems to be bending which is causing the top to get stuck in I a bit which is causing the black part of the top to come off. It's also easy to push on the piece of the top that's right behind that piece that gets stuck. Any suggestions? Oh and if anyone know anything about speed sensors/abs sensors, mine aren't working and the owner before replaced the two front sensors. It has Mach wheels on it also which I don't believe to be the originals, would changing wheels have something to do with it? Can you fix that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-896921125.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	88589   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3455383024.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	88590  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-980438136.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	436.2 KB
ID:	88591  
akmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

BTW: the cars for sale. 88,000 miles and a list of modifications:

Aftermarket upper and lower grill
Mach 1 chin spoiler, Mach 1 wing
Aftermarket hood shocks
Steeda adjustable clutch quadrant
Ram clutch - close to stock
Ford motorsport 3:73 Gears
Moser upgraded rear axles
Aluminum Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Mach 1 wheels
Pacesetter long tube headers w/ off road X Pipe
JLT Cold Air Intake
BBK 78mm Throttle Plenum
Steeda Underdrive Pullies w/ balancer
Eibach lowering springs - pro kit
Maximum Motorsports panhard bar
5000k HID Lights
Aftermarket CD Player with ipod/usb/aux connections

Recent repairs:
Oil changed about 700 miles ago
Rear axles, axle bearings, axle seals, and fluid replaced
Both front wheel speed sensors replaced
Front brake pads and rotors replaced
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmiller View Post
Anybody have any ideas?
I have the same thing on my 99 gt vert I thought I was from when you fold the top back and it drops in to the well because if you stand and watch it go down it rubs the trim in those exact spots I took some gorilla tape really strong duct tape and covered the places where it hit and it hadn't got any worse since I did it
The grim reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmiller View Post
So I bought a new (to me) mustang GT convertible and the passenger side widow corner hits the top. I looked at it and the window doesn't seem to be rolled up to much so I don't think it has to do with those clips that hold the glass from rising up to far but I could be wrong. Anybody know how to adjust the top in that area? Also, on the passenger side right behind the back window where the top meets the glass and the side of the car, the top is almost like getting stuck between two metal prices. Those two metal prices should be flush with each other but one seems to be bending which is causing the top to get stuck in I a bit which is causing the black part of the top to come off. It's also easy to push on the piece of the top that's right behind that piece that gets stuck. Any suggestions? Oh and if anyone know anything about speed sensors/abs sensors, mine aren't working and the owner before replaced the two front sensors. It has Mach wheels on it also which I don't believe to be the originals, would changing wheels have something to do with it? Can you fix that?
I'm having the exact same promblem bro, but my car got a little love tap and I think it rolled the hinge alittle bit. Is ur door slightly higher than the body?
ProudSixxer26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT