Headlight adjusters won't work - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Headlight adjusters won't work

I am putting in my new headlights and after I put them I needed to adjust them up to where my other headlights were at and everything was going good and then were going up until they fell down and now one of them won't go up or down at all. Is the adjusters stripped out or what?
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
pamson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: waynesville
Region: Missouri
Posts: 74
that would be my best guess--unless the light mount tabs broke there isn't anything else I could think of--the only way to tell for sure is to pull the light assembly out of the car and check
pamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamson View Post
that would be my best guess--unless the light mount tabs broke there isn't anything else I could think of--the only way to tell for sure is to pull the light assembly out of the car and check
Yeah I looked behind it and seen if there was a way I could swap out them from my old headlights but there's no way and it'll just turn and turn without the light going up or down so I guess I'll contact the seller and see if he'll send me another.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Anybody else?
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
This is what the seller said to do but I have no idea where or what they're talking about.. Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-150145668.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	90063  
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
pamson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: waynesville
Region: Missouri
Posts: 74
by the looks of that paper there are two pieces to the light fixture and the inner housing and the bulb connect together then the adjuster screws thread into the inner housing and the adjuster screws have been unthreaded from the inner housing if you pull the bulb back into the inner housing you can reinsert the adjuster screws back into the holes and it will then move the inner housing adjusting the aim of the bulb my best guess that's what they are saying hard to tell without looking at it if not maybe a new head light assembly is needed ? sorry I can't be of any other ideas hopefully there is someone smarter than me out there that can explain it better than me
pamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamson View Post
by the looks of that paper there are two pieces to the light fixture and the inner housing and the bulb connect together then the adjuster screws thread into the inner housing and the adjuster screws have been unthreaded from the inner housing if you pull the bulb back into the inner housing you can reinsert the adjuster screws back into the holes and it will then move the inner housing adjusting the aim of the bulb my best guess that's what they are saying hard to tell without looking at it if not maybe a new head light assembly is needed ? sorry I can't be of any other ideas hopefully there is someone smarter than me out there that can explain it better than me
Yes I tried it today numerous times and I read the message over and over to really understand what they're talking about but it still doesn't work so in gonna ask for a whole new light.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
etc1006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 200
Are these aftermarket non OEM style? If so thats your problem. Most of that stuff from China will not adjust worth a damn in any vehicle.
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by etc1006 View Post
Are these aftermarket non OEM style? If so thats your problem. Most of that stuff from China will not adjust worth a damn in any vehicle.
They come from Florida and they're just OEM style headlights with smoked lenses

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc1006 View Post
Are these aftermarket non OEM style? If so thats your problem. Most of that stuff from China will not adjust worth a damn in any vehicle.
From a company on eBay called HeadlightDepot
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:53 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.