Has anyone tried this - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,801
Has anyone tried this

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-m...oss-block.html
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Hmmmm
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
This Boss block is sick, as you can see! Its designed to be the same height as your standard 96-04' 4.6L 2V so that you can reuse everything else. If you're looking to build your engine for a supercharger/turbo or big nitrous hit, this is a great option!

I look forward to hearing from some of our other customers/friends on any personal experiences! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

This Boss block is sick, as you can see! Its designed to be the same height as your standard 96-04' 4.6L 2V so that you can reuse everything else. If you're looking to build your engine for a supercharger/turbo or big nitrous hit, this is a great option!

I look forward to hearing from some of our other customers/friends on any personal experiences! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
Dan, so heads, intake, everything can be used except rotating assembly? Could you put 4v heads on it?
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 559
Subscribed, I'd like to learn all about this.
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Yea 4v heads will go on it, basically the only thing different is the pistons, you have to get bigger pistons... 1 of my friends just bought this block about a month ago and is almost done puttin everything back together
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
What trans does it bolt up to? Stock?
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoStangNewb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fountain
Region: Colorado
Posts: 44
I wanted one of these for my Fox.. 4 bolt mains and siamese bore = AWESOME!!! I fully support this block from an engine builder's stance. Didn't know they built them to replace the 4.6L, so now I have some thinking to do about what my tax returns are going for....
NoStangNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coreyw428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6
What trans does it bolt up to? Stock?
Yea along with everything else... Is basically a 4.6 block bored and alot better
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyw428 View Post

Yea along with everything else... Is basically a 4.6 block bored and alot better
I will build this...
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
I say that's a waste of money .. 1200 on a Short block with no internals ? You don't even need a 5.0 short block, This purchase would only be neccasry if your doing forged internals , and a big turbo build or something.

If you want to build a NA motor .. Just find a regular 2v block , bore it 20 over , get everything new and then go from there and save your self alot of money ..
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

I say that's a waste of money .. 1200 on a Short block with no internals ? You don't even need a 5.0 short block, This purchase would only be neccasry if your doing forged internals , and a big turbo build or something.

If you want to build a NA motor .. Just find a regular 2v block , bore it 20 over , get everything new and then go from there and save your self alot of money ..
I'll be forging and putting the smallest pulley I can on my procharger.
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

I'll be forging and putting the smallest pulley I can on my procharger.
What Internals are you going with / Compression ?

What kind of heads / cams as well ?

What size Pro charger , and how much boost do you plan to use ?
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

What Internals are you going with / Compression ?

What kind of heads / cams as well ?

What size Pro charger , and how much boost do you plan to use ?
Haven't figured all that out yet. I juSt found out about this motor. I currently have the p1sc though. I know where to get a f1 head unit when I need it..
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
From a bench racers standpoint the biggest contributing factor to how much power you can build is how much horsepower the block can take. In turn you can only build as much power as your budget will allow for an aftermarket block. Otherwise your vehicles performance ability is limited directly by the stock blocks ability. So if you can afford one and have the desire to build power thats through the roof I say the block is the first place to start.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
From a bench racers standpoint the biggest contributing factor to how much power you can build is how much horsepower the block can take. In turn you can only build as much power as your budget will allow for an aftermarket block. Otherwise your vehicles performance ability is limited directly by the stock blocks ability. So if you can afford one and have the desire to build power thats through the roof I say the block is the first place to start.
X100 thanks man.
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.