ZAINO BROS. 4TW!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to 03GTNEWB
Thumbs up ZAINO BROS. 4TW!!!!!

If you havent tried this stuff....you've got to. It's amazing. By far the best car shine I've EVER SEEN! Easy to put on...easy to take off. If you follow the instructions, you'll never use another wax again. Has anyone here used this stuff? Can anybody back me up on this?

Just take a few minutes and check out their website. Click on the testimonials section and just look at these cars.

www.zainobros.com

check it out.

Mods: Not many...but more to come. K&N CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, FR500 18x10's/18x9's staggered with G Force Tires, 3:73 gears, little odds and ends that are stupid but kinda separate my pony from the ENORMOUS HEARD of them out here in DC/VA/MD area.
03GTNEWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: ZAINO BROS. 4TW!!!!!

Heard alot about them. Never tried them tho. I'll have to give them a shot.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

negative ghostrider.

We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store

0.5) Wash with dish soap to remove old waxes and sealants (optional)
1) Claybar to remove residual wax/sealants and embedded dirt in the paint, this will alleviate the chances of scratches forming if particles get on polishing pads.
2) Paint Correction (If Required) - Porter Cable Random Orbital (PC) - Orange cut pad, Optimum Compound at 6k RPM
3) Polish - PC with another Orange cut pad at 6K
4) Seal - PC with Optimum Poly-Seal, white pad at 3k
5) Wax - Natty's blue, hand applied and removed with microfiber.

http://www.motechracing.com/imagehos...19a03a0afe.jpg
http://www.motechracing.com/imagehos...19a4c2e159.jpg
http://www.motechracing.com/imagehos...19a4bb5cee.jpg

look at that pop! Redfire after a real detail under the lights and in the sun is actually Red on Fire.

anything you can buy over the counter at a store pails in comparison to what real detailers and real techniques. tread lightly though, as once you go PC, you dont go back; its not cheap, but results will blow your mind.

also FWIW, i went to a car show on the 4th, had a booth that was whoring out Ziano, and they had a few fenders. I had to ask if they were already detailed, and they said yes. THEY SUCKED! had some light swirls and the finish wasnt all that smooth. Of course all the hot rod guys were oogling over it cause its expensive (like they know any better, about 98% of them did 0 work whatsoever to their hot rods), i told my buddy, "hey next year we should set up a booth, show them what real products do, we could make a killing charging $500 a car!"

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Positive ghostrider...I have zaino on my redfire and the paint looks great. Zaino also now has an actual polish used to remove scratches and swirls instead of filling them in like the old Z5 stuff used to.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

ugh. how much does said system cost?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'm not impressed with the zaino I have. Bought it thinking it was supposed to be good stuff, I'd rather use turtle wax than zaino.

I need to invest in a PC and everything, just haven't set the funds aside.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
ugh. how much does said system cost?
$14 or something for a bottle of the polish, $12 or so for the wax. I have about 20 coats out of my bottle of wax so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I'm not impressed with the zaino I have. Bought it thinking it was supposed to be good stuff, I'd rather use turtle wax than zaino.

I need to invest in a PC and everything, just haven't set the funds aside.
Ok, here's a test. Take 2 cars and wash them with dawn.

Now, take one car, wax it with turtle wax, then wash it again with dawn. How does the water bead up?

Now, take the other car, wax it with zaino, then wash it again with dawn. How does the water bead up?

Basically, you will be waxing one of the cars again because the wax has completely come off the car...and it won't be the car done with Zaino.

Zaino gets better and better the more you put on. The paint gets deeper and deeper. My car will shine as well today as it did the day I first put the first 3 coats of zaino on. If I wash it today with dawn, water beads as if it is fresh wax. I haven't put a coat of zaino on in over a year now and the water beads as good today as it did last year when I put it on.

When I hit mine with a polisher, it will no doubt be zaino that goes back on it. And when I repaint the car, it will again be no doubt that zaino will go back on it. The ease of application and the rich color it provides to my paint is enough of a selling point for me whether others agree or not. Plus, it has proven that it doesn't wear off like other waxes do, even in this blistering heat we have down here like you know.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You get to Zaino my car then lol. I've seen a few friends after they did the full Zaino job and the cars looked absolutely fabulous.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Ive always heard great things about Zaino, almost picked up some... but it was kind of expensive and my car looks extremly good with what I use so... the old saying "if it works dont fix it"
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Ive always heard great things about Zaino, almost picked up some... but it was kind of expensive and my car looks extremly good with what I use so... the old saying "if it works dont fix it"
That's pretty much why I won't be switching from zaino as well...it ain't broke.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to 03GTNEWB

Hey thomas...let me tell you a little something. Just because a couple ******bags at a car show used zaino poorly on a couple fenders, doesnt mean you should just toss this product aside bro. This really is good stuff...IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. People that talk so badly about this stuff, usually dont follow the directions. This product takes some time to put on, and takes more time to get it to that "always wet" look. But if you really take your time...follow the directions...dont skip any steps...this product...IMO...is 2nd to absolutely NONE! But to each his own right? Not trying to be pissy about it if that's how it's coming off. I'd rather more people use traditional waxes...helps my car look that much better at shows.

But Mr. Porter Cable is right. NOTHING beats a good job done with a PC. A little on the expensive side, and if you're stupid with it, you can burn the HELL out of your Clear Coat. I totally agree about using a PC. I used to work for GM Painting the Hummer H2. I got to use some of the fancy stuff as well and nothing gets orange peel out better than a PC. But a novice, just trying to get those damn swirls out of his clear coat...i'd recommend trying zaino first. If you have really light swirls, you can try that Nu Finish Swirl/Scratch remover. But to me, that stuff was a JOKE. Autozone will give you your money back if that stuff fails for you.

Anyway...to each his own. I'm just trying to offer my 2 or 3 cents worth. I love Mustangs and I love seeing them look as good as possible. That's the only reason why I've posted any of this stuff.

Mods: Not many...but more to come. K&N CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, FR500 18x10's/18x9's staggered with G Force Tires, 3:73 gears, little odds and ends that are stupid but kinda separate my pony from the ENORMOUS HEARD of them out here in DC/VA/MD area.
03GTNEWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 99MustangGTman

i use zaino all the time and i love it
Old 07-21-2008, 03:22 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

The paint on my honda is shot. I detailed my accord today and did two hard coats of zaino with a finsh of meguairs california gold and it looked pretty. Seal it all up with a solid job of Eagle One Nano Wax and it will turn a beater into a beauty. I can get pics if you neeed but I dont like to brag....

The biggest step is in the clay bar and attention to detail... the more wax you have on your paint the less chance it will chip. And once you bar it and get all the road tar off it the only thing holding you back is the product you use. You dont need to buff the paint on a car that has had a good wax used on it its whole life.

I dunno I put my own reputation in this area on the line behind zaino cause its just that damn good.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

zaino ftw! i love it, thanks to using rob's all the time. hahaha.

they also make the BEST leather cleaner and polish and it smells so good too. definitely the best stuff IMO. the big kit is worth the $$, i don't think the prices are that bad compared to others.

i do love the turtle zip wash?? stuff, it makes the GT very shiny when i wash it with that.

i loooove zaino!

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Yea I use the Turtle Wax Ice car wash. Very concentrated you barely need any!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT