V6 to V8 motor swap HELP - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
99GreenStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spring City
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 40
Lol I am like a hero here ? Lmao didn't mean to ruffle feathers I just know my information is correct . I love Chevy and for ppl lol
99GreenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
HAHAHA 502 is a crate engine, you chevy guys and your crate engine... You think at 620hp a 502 is king of the street? Not even close, nore is it the best use of money and neither is a 383. And I dont need a 392w to outrun a 383SBC a 357w will do just fine as per ive seen it done over and over. I think you have alot of misconseptions about car building.
+1000
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
McNassty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Damn, I missed the beginning. Why didn't you guys let me know that the show had moved theaters lol?
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GreenStang View Post
A 392w wouldn't outrun a 383 Chevy unless u stuffed about 15 grand in it just so u know u can build a higher horse power Chevy cheaper than a ford . A 302 is a better engine than a 281 ( 4.6) it's better in every area those 4.6 are the biggest junk piles ford ever produced . 302 Chevy actually came out with first an ford used their design so u know . And 350 Chevy smokes a 302 all day and a ls1 iron block will smoke the 302 as well I'm not saying the 302 is junk I'm talking unless u put alot of money in them they won't compete as where u can take a Chevy and put a little in an have alot . My 302 has 12 thousand in it so I know . Could take a 502 Chevy and smoke them all with a 502 out of te crate making 620hp . Don't do a 4.6 it's a waste of money get a 302 block maybe a repro from 69 4 bolt main with a set of Brodix or Yates heads and all forged internals and turbo or put a blower on it and be happy . Don't waste cash on a 4.6 that won't handle 500hp just trying to help u in the long run
I'd like to know where you got your information on Ford ever using Chevy's design. You may be right but I'm highly skeptical here.
Yes we all know that you can build a big HP Chevy motor for 1/2 the price of a ford. Just go to a car show and look at all the beautiful '32 '33 '34 ford hot rods that have a high HP Chevy stuffed into them. What a shame! My they sure looks good with all chrome. But when it all comes down to race day, Ford does more with less. This is still a world of "you get what you pay for" If you want a quality motor you have to pay for it.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
The first Maro's had a 302, as for the actual engineering idk
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
The first Maro's had a 302, as for the actual engineering idk
Lol if you look at it that way then everything is just a rip-off of Karl Benz.

Karl Friedrich Benz (1844-1929) 1885/86 GASOLINE / First true automobile. Gasoline automobile powered by an internal combustion engine: three wheeled, Four cycle, engine and chassis form a single unit. Germany Patent DRP No. 37435
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post

Lol if you look at it that way then everything is just a rip-off of Karl Benz.

Karl Friedrich Benz (1844-1929) 1885/86 GASOLINE / First true automobile. Gasoline automobile powered by an internal combustion engine: three wheeled, Four cycle, engine and chassis form a single unit. Germany Patent DRP No. 37435
Lmao true that!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GreenStang
A 392w wouldn't outrun a 383 Chevy unless u stuffed about 15 grand in it just so u know u can build a higher horse power Chevy cheaper than a ford . A 302 is a better engine than a 281 ( 4.6) it's better in every area those 4.6 are the biggest junk piles ford ever produced . 302 Chevy actually came out with first an ford used their design so u know . And 350 Chevy smokes a 302 all day and a ls1 iron block will smoke the 302 as well I'm not saying the 302 is junk I'm talking unless u put alot of money in them they won't compete as where u can take a Chevy and put a little in an have alot . My 302 has 12 thousand in it so I know . Could take a 502 Chevy and smoke them all with a 502 out of te crate making 620hp . Don't do a 4.6 it's a waste of money get a 302 block maybe a repro from 69 4 bolt main with a set of Brodix or Yates heads and all forged internals and turbo or put a blower on it and be happy . Don't waste cash on a 4.6 that won't handle 500hp just trying to help u in the long run
My ole 69 maro runs a twin charged 383 with a 65 mm flux capacitor running at about 150 gigawatts. I just need to swap out pulleys on the flux and it will net me about 15 more gigawatts. I hit 88 mph in just under 6 seconds. Chevy all day baby.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
I gotta get my mustang back from the future, see y'all in a few.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
99GreenStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spring City
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 40
Well buddy I got 3 hydrostatic flux capacitors running 2000 kelvins powered by 3 ken more microwaves wired to 3 nuclear stabilizers and 20 mega kilowatts and a chocolate milk machine and buddy I can make pop corn while I roast a hot dog with the tires need I say more ?
99GreenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GreenStang View Post
Well buddy I got 3 hydrostatic flux capacitors running 2000 kelvins powered by 3 ken more microwaves wired to 3 nuclear stabilizers and 20 mega kilowatts and a chocolate milk machine and buddy I can make pop corn while I roast a hot dog with the tires need I say more ?
wtf lol
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #47
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
I got 20$ if u will mod my car this way.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mfore33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Murfreesboro
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 540
I want my mustang powered by Mr. Fusion!
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
99GreenStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spring City
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 40
I'm not going to overcharge someone it only costs 5 dollars and u need a Big Mac for the microwave to warm it up
99GreenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:21 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.