Problem with car overheating. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Problem with car overheating.

Could somebody help me solve this problem? I had my thermostat and temperature sending unit replaced and now my fan won’t work and my car overheats. The only time my car will not overheat is when the sending unit is unhooked, and then the fan will start working. It’s like completely backwards. I’m going to take it to a ford dealer tomorrow, but I wanted to ask you guys and see if you have heard of anything like this before.
mustangmar2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmar2001 View Post
Could somebody help me solve this problem? I had my thermostat and temperature sending unit replaced and now my fan won’t work and my car overheats. The only time my car will not overheat is when the sending unit is unhooked, and then the fan will start working. It’s like completely backwards. I’m going to take it to a ford dealer tomorrow, but I wanted to ask you guys and see if you have heard of anything like this before.
I'd guess with the unit unhooked its stuck in a closed loop allowing the fan to come on for safety reason (if failure occurred). I'd bleed the air out of your coolant and replace the unit again. Theyre like 10 bucks right?
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Your problem is with a connection or signal going to the PCM telling it to turn the fan on u could just get a derale adjustable fan controller from summit and wire it directly in to the factory wiring and adjust the temp u want it to come on only cost like 30 bucks great product used one on my 308 carb swap in my 99 v6 35th anniversary car I just finished man
99GreenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
stupid question, and im not saying it to knock on you, but did you replace them correctly or did you have them reversed in order? like i said its not to offend you but its a dumb question that needed to be asked. once again im sorry but some questions have to be asked since its possible to do something like this, i.e. i did this before lol
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT