Egr delete ??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
mcvicar04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 400
Egr delete ???

Hey guys I got a throttle body spacer and when installing the freakin egr valve was a pain what is involved in deleting it or can you?
mcvicar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvicar04 View Post
Hey guys I got a throttle body spacer and when installing the freakin egr valve was a pain what is involved in deleting it or can you?
getting a block off spacer for the egr, and also getting a plug for where the piping goes to on the exhaust. after that mostly its the check engine will be on for egr delete which a tune can take care of. if i forget anything im sorry its been a while since i did one, and i have yet to do it on my gt. so i will be googling it lol.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post

getting a block off spacer for the egr, and also getting a plug for where the piping goes to on the exhaust. after that mostly its the check engine will be on for egr delete which a tune can take care of. if i forget anything im sorry its been a while since i did one, and i have yet to do it on my gt. so i will be googling it lol.
What are the benefits of deleting the EGR?? Anything worth while?? Or even worth doing it??
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,013
Prevent exhaust from entering the intake. Normal operation is exhaust sucked in by egr for reburning of unburnt fuel and also warms the air goin in to cool down the cylinders as cylimders run at 1500 degrees intake air enters around 150 or so. Pretty much egr delete im my perspective keeps the cold air coming in cold. However im waitin on cliffyk to chime in and give the full description and y we have it and benefits of deleting he explains and breaks it down much better than i can
__________________
1996 Mustang GT, 17x9 front and 17x10.5 cobra r replica rims, 255/40/17 front 285/40/17 rear at the moment,
o/r x-pipe flow master 40 series dump downs, cai/ram intake, 75mm c&l throttle body and plenum, pi heads and intake swap, msd wires, stock gears, untuned at the moment, no dyno numbers for now.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996mustang View Post
Prevent exhaust from entering the intake. Normal operation is exhaust sucked in by egr for reburning of unburnt fuel and also warms the air goin in to cool down the cylinders as cylimders run at 1500 degrees intake air enters around 150 or so. Pretty much egr delete im my perspective keeps the cold air coming in cold. However im waitin on cliffyk to chime in and give the full description and y we have it and benefits of deleting he explains and breaks it down much better than i can
Aww oh ok I see makes sense, and yeah I love when cliffy explains things, I always learn something new
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
From my experience there isnt really a performance gain to be had with an egr delete. Its whole purpose is to reduce emissions. While deleting it may infact give you a few degrees cooler intake charge its not enough to notice a performance gain on most cars. The biggest contributor to lowering intake air temprature is reducing "heat soak" that the engine creates naturaly. The easiest way to reduce heat soak is changing intake materials to materials that dont heat up as much as others. Even still reducing heat soak is no comparison for lots and lots of air so bigger intakes and intake pipes etc are where your big performance gains are at.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
mcvicar04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 400
Yea I would be doing it more for the appearance hp gains are minimal to zero I just wanted to figure out how to go about it the right way.
mcvicar04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
Thats cool, im so performance minded that sometimes I forget about the cosmetic aspect of doing somthing to a car. However I do like the aspect of a sleeper and contimplate appearance in that aspect all the time.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:07 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.