Just blew my heater hose -_- - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Just blew my heater hose -_-

Do i need a completely new intake manifold ,or can i just buy the piece thats cracked?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2323801364.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	92052   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1951058594.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	92053  

Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Did the hose pop or did the intake crack. Kinda confusing me here. My heater hose popped in my gt on my way to prom when I was wearing a white tux hahahaha
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mfore33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Murfreesboro
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 540
Sorry man. I had that happen to me 6 months ago. You will need a new intake. Mine broke at the nipple that feeds the heater core on the left rear of the intake. You will need intake, gaskets, thermostat, and a thermostat gasket. Oh and now is a good time to replace the heater hoses and of course new antifreeze. I had to take my car to a shop to do it because I had my knee operated on and couldn't walk. But most people that can turn a wrench can do the work themselves. Get a repair manual for your car they will always be helpful. Take your time and label everything you take off so you know where it goes back. Good luck.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
If its savable .. Put hose back on

If not upgrade to typhoon intake manifold
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mfore33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Murfreesboro
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 540
Mine was so brittle that it cracked into pieces when I tried to put my hose back on.

You don't want to risk sucking down pieces of intake into the motor. I don't think that would turn out well.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
If its savable .. Put hose back on

If not upgrade to typhoon intake manifold
Thats what i already did slapped it back on there. When i got home i revved it up and it shot off again so i defiantly need a new one
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfore33 View Post
Sorry man. I had that happen to me 6 months ago. You will need a new intake. Mine broke at the nipple that feeds the heater core on the left rear of the intake. You will need intake, gaskets, thermostat, and a thermostat gasket. Oh and now is a good time to replace the heater hoses and of course new antifreeze. I had to take my car to a shop to do it because I had my knee operated on and couldn't walk. But most people that can turn a wrench can do the work themselves. Get a repair manual for your car they will always be helpful. Take your time and label everything you take off so you know where it goes back. Good luck.
Is there anything els i should replace while im in there ? , I'm sorry to hear about your knee, im gonna give it a go. Thank you

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysixx View Post
Did the hose pop or did the intake crack. Kinda confusing me here. My heater hose popped in my gt on my way to prom when I was wearing a white tux hahahaha
Sorry i didn't see your comment ,the hose came off of the little nipple thing thats cracked
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Jegs.com has the pi intake the cheapest. But American Muscle price matches.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...=&pgGrp=search
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nickysixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boonton
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post

Is there anything els i should replace while im in there ? , I'm sorry to hear about your knee, im gonna give it a go. Thank you

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------



Sorry i didn't see your comment ,the hose came off of the little nipple thing thats cracked
Yea, you gunna need the whole manifold soz
__________________
____________________________________________
1957 Buick Special Estate Wagon
1996 Mustang GT (sold)
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Do you know if it comes with the gaskets and everything ill need ? I don't see it saying it did
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post

Do you know if it comes with the gaskets and everything ill need ? I don't see it saying it did
No they never do just buy some new ones
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Heard of this place? Says it comes with it

http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...location=Upper
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post
Heard of this place? Says it comes with it

http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...location=Upper
That's a dorman intake its junk! Dont buy those. Its like putting a non pi intake on the pi heads. It really restricts the airflow.

The one on the left is the Ford pi intake and the one on the right is the dorman. Notice how shallow the dorman is, it was modeled before 99 meaning that it was based on the non pi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130221_181945.png
Views:	384
Size:	719.4 KB
ID:	92145
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post

That's a dorman intake its junk! Dont buy those. Its like putting a non pi intake on the pi heads. It really restricts the airflow.

The one on the left is the Ford pi intake and the one on the right is the dorman. Notice how shallow the dorman is, it was modeled before 99 meaning that it was based on the non pi.
Ohh okay. Yeah ii had no idea i have some warranty that says it covers "anything to do with coolant so im gonna give that a try and if that don't work out price match from AM and install myself. Thanks for all your helps guys!
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post

Thats what i already did slapped it back on there. When i got home i revved it up and it shot off again so i defiantly need a new one
You can also bypass the hose and plug the manifold if you need time to save up.. That's what I did
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

You can also bypass the hose and plug the manifold if you need time to save up.. That's what I did
I was going to, but the hose stays on i just can't hit the gas to hard. Im gonna order one just wana give this warranty a shot first
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
tonyd01gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ayden
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,065
Hi, i am new to the mod motor. is this a common problem with the factory intake?
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd01gt View Post
Hi, i am new to the mod motor. is this a common problem with the factory intake?
Im not to sure but i always see a lot about it and then mine went. Plastic vs hot coolant don't mix.
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mfore33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Murfreesboro
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 540
Yes. It should have been a recall but ford must have paid someone off to get out of it. I hat it when car companies use plastic **** on engines. It makes no sense. I mean you're spending over 20,000 on a car a few hundred more for a metal intake isn't gonna make me say no. And I don't care if it weighs a few pounds more.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfore33 View Post
Yes. It should have been a recall but ford must have paid someone off to get out of it. I hat it when car companies use plastic **** on engines. It makes no sense. I mean you're spending over 20,000 on a car a few hundred more for a metal intake isn't gonna make me say no. And I don't care if it weighs a few pounds more.
I read that it was a recall for 99-01 i think. And that they fixed it but i have an 04 and still its effin plastic ..
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mfore33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Murfreesboro
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 540
I had read that also but I am the original owner of my 2000 gt and if there was a recall I was never notified. Also when mine cracked I called ford and had them run my vin and the guy said there was no recall on that part. It wouldn't surprise me if he was feeding me a line of bull**** ford is known for that. So I just fixed the damn thing myself. I've had such terrible experiences with my local ford dealer that I wouldn't take a free 2013 mustang cobra from them if I had to have them service it. One I had a 04 focus svt and the air conditioner flooded the passenger floorboard with 3 inches of water and the service tech told me it was normal. They had to call the cops on me that day.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfore33 View Post
I had read that also but I am the original owner of my 2000 gt and if there was a recall I was never notified. Also when mine cracked I called ford and had them run my vin and the guy said there was no recall on that part. It wouldn't surprise me if he was feeding me a line of bull**** ford is known for that. So I just fixed the damn thing myself. I've had such terrible experiences with my local ford dealer that I wouldn't take a free 2013 mustang cobra from them if I had to have them service it. One I had a 04 focus svt and the air conditioner flooded the passenger floorboard with 3 inches of water and the service tech told me it was normal. They had to call the cops on me that day.
Lmfaoo! Its normal u know it'll just fold your car .. Iv seen people say they had it fixed by ford and that was in 2009 i might as well call them to and see if there is
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rich04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Queens
Region: New York
Posts: 470
The intake manifold will be here tommrow. How long do you guys think it'll take? Im good with my hands and my mechanics gonna come help me out
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.